www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:04 am 

So, I've been trying some of Incontrol diaper's products, because they allow you to pay in installments rather than the full price of your purchase all at once. I bought some muslin flats.. which had mixed results.. I bought a romper which I was pleased with, but it was expensive. I thought I would try this product: https://incontroldiapers.com/super-snap-fitted-diaper/ to see how it compared to other fitted diapers I have worn. It got rave reviews on the website, so I figured it was worth a try. I am sorry to report that compared to Ecoable's fitted diapers, In my opinon it is an inferior product. The website advertises that the saturation capacity was 7 cups. I find that hard to believe, given that I drank more water than usual to see how well this performed. The output was more than usual, but given this diaper's purported absorbency, that shouldnt be a problem. After several wettings, some rather large flood type.. I wanted to see how the diaepr performed. I took off the diaper cover, and a puddle of urine hit the floor. Not a good sign. The whole idea of wearing a diaper is to keep the pee contained, yes? Granted, it was probably overwhelmed, but this does not live up to its advertising as nighttime absorbency, not if you are a heavy wetter. Or am I overreacting? Is pooling in the PP/diaper cover normal? Or does that indicate the diaper is not absorbent enough and needs to be doubled/boosted? I would rate it as comparable to a midrange daytime brief by itself. I'm sure its absorbent, sure, but if you are a heavy wetter, you need to boost. I also don't like how the snaps are so close together. Ecoable has their snaps spread out which gives a better fit.

I really hate to be negative about any diaper, since I like giving positive reviews, but this just left me disappointed. I'm sure it would be fine boosted.. but I don't know if I want to invest in a lot of these seeing as how I can get Fitted diapers from ecoable for roughly the same price.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:51 am 

As I am a heavy wetter and usually wet two to three times a night, I had to use heavy night-time cloth flats with an additional cloth booster added. The fold I used turned down the front top waist on the inside to gain some more absorbency where I needed it. As I pinned the diaper I was able to get the fit I wanted.

The cloth wicked well and I had no unabsorbed pee in my PUL diaper cover. However, I needed to change immediately after I got up.

The downside was the significant bulk between the legs. One does become used to it, but I had to use a very thick foam rubber pillow between my knees to avoid the bulk of the diaper leveraging my hips.

--John
(double incontinent)