www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 2:20 pm 

So, as you all know, I have been slowly but surely intergrating cloth into my work routine and hopefully daily routine. I have the very occasional bowel accident, probably caused by constipation, although sometimes it seems as if it acts in a way that mirrors my bladdder, namely the colon gets really full of stool but I don't realize how full it is or how badly I have to poop until the urge comes on suddenly and I have a few minute window to find a bathroom before my pants get a deposit. Like the deluges, It's not common but it does happen. I was wondering, since I am using cloth diapers more and more, If I do have a full on deuce drop in a cloth diaper out and about, does anyone have any hacks on taking care of the diaper so it doesnt smell until i get achance to get ith ome and wash it? do you go to a restroom and dump the poop into the toilet? What if it sticks to the diaper? Is there a portable diaper sprayer one can use on the go?

Speaking of which, since It is my goal to use cloth as much as possible, I thought it prudent to invest in a diaper sprayer found on adult cloth diaper. I came to that conclusion when I had an incident of a very pressing bowel movement at home while I still had a cloth diaper on. I'm like oh great.. ifI poop in the diaper, im gonna have a huge mess to clean out. Disposables make bowel incon so much easier.. but there's gotta be a way to manage and still be eco friendly right? Thoughts? Is the diaper sprayer on ACD easy to install?

Thankfully, the bowel incidences are somewhat rare. But, I said the same thing about the full on spurt wettings several years ago, so.. I don't know.
I have an appointment with a general surgeon on the 5th to follow up on rectal bleeding, so I'll mention it to him. It's entirely possible that years of constipation have made the nerves less sensitive to fullness and weaker in terms of holding.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:09 pm 

You have my empathy. With medical advice and supervision, I use stool softeners, enemas, suppositories, and laxatives to regulate my GI system. Nullo and/or Devrom can be very useful, reducing the odor of a bowel release long enough to give you time to find a toilet. For laundering fecal soiled diapers, I use Clorox and the pre-wash spray, Shout. But even the best management is just that: management, not control. I still have accidents from time to time, just fewer, and less threatening. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:59 am 

Patrick wrote:
Nullo and/or Devrom can be very useful, reducing the odor of a bowel release long enough to give you time to find a toilet.
As a side note, lately I've been leaving skid marks in the toilet, which are apparently from too much oil in the stool (I had a burger Saturday night). My wife has been commenting lately on how I've been leaving GREEN poop evidence behind. The chlorophyl-copper capsules have however, been a great help in the smell reduction (I don't have to leave the bathroom window open as often).

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:56 pm 

I'm with Patrick on this. There are not many good solutions and they may not be very eco-friendly.

--John
(double incontinent)