www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:56 am 

Wow.. It has been well over a year since I wore cloth to work. The last cloth item I remember wearing to work was a Threaded Armor pullup. I know I wore it to work at Hobby Lobby.. not sure I wore it to work at Mejer. I just never felt completly comfortable and secure in it because it wasnt a fitted product, It fit like regular udnerwear. I had gotten so used to the snug fit of disposables that wearing a looser fitting product did not feel secure. Wearing a flat cloth diaper was a similar expereince.. It settled a bit lower on my hips than I had placed it.. and it remained there. I remained leak free and realatively comfortable. I had issues with sweat.. and debated changing at my break but decided to leave the flat on till lunch due to the fact that I forgot to grab a black Meijer bag to put it in. I changed into an Ecoable fitted plus booster covered by an ecoable pocket diaper.. pocket diaeprs are a bit snug on me.. thnking of finding otehr diaper covers. Anyway.. other than being uncofortable due t sweat.. which I thought I compensated for.. and a mild rash only due to my stupidity to pushing it beyond 2 hours when I wasnt still comfortable.. I had no issues. pants stayed dry, and the flat held up despite a snappi falling apart.. the white claw part got disconnected from the stretchy part.

So, I'm still learning my new normal when it comes to flats, but overall the expereince has been worthwile. It hasn't been terrible. I think my previous concerns about lack of comfort due to lack of stay dry liners was somewhat unfounded. Keeping urine dilute by hydrating certianly helps. So does powder and rash cream. Just don't push it when your skin is telling you it'ts uncomfy

All for now!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 am 

Interesting thought... With disposables, maybe even with cloth + pins, I would have thought that a onesie would help. But with cloth + snappis I guess a onesie would just make the snappis tend to loosen.

So with snappis are you really just stuck with trusting the snappis and nothing else?

I know I don't do well when out-and-about with anything pull-on, because then shoes have to come off, pants have to come off, and it's just this big process.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:48 am 

I've been using the large sized snappi's for 10+ years and never had one fail. With time they stretch but don't lose ability to hold waist firmly. Pins don't keep waist tight and I get sag. Tried Boing and had same experience..pricked fingers and didn't stretch or hold as well. Search forum and you will find other posts addressing snappi fasteners.