www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:23 am 

Well, I never thought I'd say this... but I'm back to using cloth. Yes, I know that a few mothns or a year ago I posted about cloth not beiing realistic anymore because of the way they fit, but that was all unfounded. Turns out that the designers did not intend their fitted diapers to be doubled or tripled.. no wonder I couldnt get them on. Instead they recommend paring the fitted with a booster plus a pocket diaper for max absorbency. So, I have 4 pocket diapers, 1 fitted, and one insert from Ecoable.. all I could afford for now, and 3 gauze flats from ACD. I also bought 6 muslin flats from incontrol and another 6 smaller sized flats from them as well. SMaller sized flats I plan on using as boosters in my gauze flats from acd. One snag however.. turns out the Jumbo flats from incontrol were a waste of money.. they don't absorb, they repel! UGH. I paid 50 dollars for 6 of em. Other than that, i am happy with the products I purchased. Gauze flats are way easier to put on using snappis or boingos than pins. Right now, I actually prefer the snappi since it streches more and has a more secure fit. Boingos may be marginally useful as a supllement al fastener. Honestly, the biggest 2 barriers to traditional no frillls cloth was pinning and wet feeling against the sklin. My thought is if I keep my urine dilute by hydrating and use liberal amounts of rash cream and powder when I diaper, I don't think it will be as an issue. I found the gauze diaper to be very comfortable even when wet, and absorbent. It should do fine against multiple smaller wettings or a surge.. not sure how it would handle my very big floods which are rare. One huge advantage is that flats are easy to get clean and quick to dry. Not to mention they are by far the least expensive option.
Im going to implemet cloth tonight at work.. let you know how I fare. Until then,

Peace out!!!!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:47 am 

Kudos on your decision. But keep experimenting. And keep us informed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:24 pm 

Kudos to you for figuring out a cloth diaper situation that works!