Switch to full style
Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Trying to make gauze flats work.. tips appreciated

Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:08 am

So, I took the plunge and orded 3 4 layer gauze flats from adult cloth diaper.com.

I have tried every method of folding. No matter what I do, I cannot fold it in a way that gives maximum layers in the crotch and still leave room to pin at the waist. I know I need to flare out the diaper. How absorbent is just 4 layers of gauze?

as for my body dimesions, I am 6 3 1'2 and weigh 255 lbs and have a 47 inch waist and pretty close to hip. Is there a foldind method that I am overlooking to maximize layers? I though the whole point of folding a flat was to create a superabsorbent center. I really don't want to find that I wasted 70 dollars on something I can't use except as stuffers. HELP!

Rob

Re: Trying to make gauze flats work.. tips appreciated

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:26 am

There are diaper pinning instructions on the web. Check them out. I use ACD almost exclusively. My problem with gauze is that they do not wear well. They feel great and are really absorbent, but fray easily and tear where pins are inserted. You may need a larger size. Report back when you can; this should be easy to solve.

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:35 am

Patrick wrote:There are diaper pinning instructions on the web. Check them out. I use ACD almost exclusively. My problem with gauze is that they do not wear well. They feel great and are really absorbent, but fray easily and tear where pins are inserted. You may need a larger size. Report back when you can; this should be easy to solve.

Already using the largest available size on ACD of the gauze flats. I chose gauze flats because they are the most economical.
What diaper fabric do you use Patrick? How do you mitigate the wet feeling against the skin? I came to the conclusion that even with disposables,
wetness isnt always completly kept from the skin. I plan to be very liberal on both rash cream and powder.
Will report back soon. Just got my shipment of snappis and boingos.

Peace out!

Rob

Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:27 pm

I use birdseye night weight as my daily protection. I save gauze to use as inserts.
Post a reply