www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:51 pm 

Yes I did. I changed a poopy diaper in public, and at WORK no less. Normally I am able to avoid having a bowel movement in the diaper at work without leaving within an hour to go home to get cleaned up, but this was different. I was hit with one of those rare times where I just couldnt hold the poop without it being very paintful and uncomfortable, and more than likely end up poopng myself anyway on the way to the restroom.. and I Couldnt just go and leave my post.. It was the grocery door.. a door that is pretty busy and this mid shift right before my lunch. I could have called and asked to go use the bathroom, but I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to. It was 15 minutes or so before my break, so I thought I could just hold it in and my rectum would relax. Um, no.. It was liquid in consitency, and my bowels were very persistent, and I could feel some escaping.. so I just let go.. and thought to myself.. you got this. Yes, you have a diaper full of fecal matter. Yes, it smells.. but theres already odor in this vestibule, so people aint gonna smell it, and even if they do, they wont say anything. As soon someone came to cover me.. I executed my game plan. First, a trip to the incontinence section to buy underpads. Next, wipes, then garbage bags. Out to the car to get diapers (yes, I should have had them with me.. would have saved time. I changed standing up in the family restroom using underpads to cover the floor and my shoes in case anything got on them.. and i was stripped down to the diaper before I did anything. Well without hte aide of a shower I got cleaned up, with the exception of some brown residue on my cheeks that just wasnt' coming off with a wipe. The diaper went straight into the garabage bag as i took it off and there was no spillage :D. For public cleanup, underpads do work wonders. Yes using the underpad as a wipe saves time and reaching for a whole bunch of wipes. Other than seeing me buy underpads at self checkout and garbabe bags and wipes, no one was the wiser.

Veni Vidi Vicci!!!!!!!!!!!

So, to all you who suffer fecal incontinence... You CAN LIVE a normal life and not have to go home every time you poop your diaper. Just keep underpads, scenteded garabage bags and flushable wipes on hand (underpads for the big poo, wipes for the smaller Klingons(get it.. :P) Its just you might want to include a loofah for any residue.. I had residue that I could see in the mirror but couldnt get with the wipe.. as a result when I checked my diaper at my next break, there was a light stain of brown on it. Oh well.. at least I took care of the majoirty of the smelly poop.. I double bagged it with scented garbage bags..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:30 pm 

Kudos and congratulations. We need to read more success stories like this; I always need support and the example of one of us overcoming this challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:11 pm 

Good for you Rob. I may have to cross that bridge myself someday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:24 pm 

Good for you. I'm happy that you were able to handle this. I myself am petrified that I will have an accident at work. I worry about this every day and this is no way to live. I hope that I can channel your optimism. I know that if I knew when I would get the urge and could control it, I would feel so much better, but when I don't know what could trigger the sudden urge, it's beyond frightening. I'm glad that I came across this forum. It's nice to know that I am not alone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:55 am 

That’s a very….descriptive post. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable buying wipes and underpads at work but that’s just me. I’ve had a couple of bowel incidents in public and I have yet to successfully clean up. It’s a nightmare. I had one incident at physical therapy and had to throw away my bodysuit. I think I’m going to start carrying a chux pad and trying to change on that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:43 am 

Very well done. Nice recovery. I don't think I would have done as well.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:26 pm 

John - I also don’t think I would have done as well. I’m usually quite defeated after a bowel accident