www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:01 pm 

So,

I had another bowel movement in a better dry, this time sitting down. It was liquid.. and I'm pleased to report it held everything in, with only small amount of brown stain noticeble on my bodystocking. My pants, car seat, and bodystocking were all clean mostly. If you are looking for a diaper that contains a bowel movement that is liquiddy, id give BetterDry a shot.

In other news, using a reusable underpad to wipe downstairs during bowel clean up doesn't work nearly as well as a disposable chux pad. It's thicker and harder to manuever on the body. I'd stick to disposble chux pads and wipes.

ThatFLGuy, I'm really sorry that you have not had good results with the Better Dry. Perhaps the sizing was off? Perhaps you need to wear high back plastic pants? Perhaps I just got lucky? All I know is that Better Dry is my go-to for the occasional fecal release.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 am 

I am bowel incontinent and have experimented with most premium diapers. Like Sociologygeek, I have found that, for me, BetterDry is excellent for fecal containment.

I measure the internal standing leak guards as about 2.5" high. That is among the highest in the industry. IMHO, a height of 1.5" is about the minimum to be effective for fecal containment. Other good diapers for bowel incontinence include the NorthShore Megamax and the Rearz Elite Hybrid diapers. Of course, the most important factor in selecting any diaper is whether it fits well against your personal body shape. The most expensive diaper will fail if the fit is wrong.

I will note that the pricing of the BetterDry diapers is very competitive and makes them a good value, if they work for you.

I usually wear plastic pants - always if I sense that I am at risk of a bowel accident. While I prefer PUL pants for their breathability to reduce the likelihood of a rash, I wear non-breathable pants if I am concerned about a bowel accident. I prefer the Gary Euroflex urethane pants and rubber pants as the latter is less likely to transmit fecal odor.

--John
(double incontinent)