www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:23 am 

Ok.. I know I've been getting steadily larger since a few years ago, when I could get away with wearing Medium size products. Ive accepted that..and settled on Large as my go to size until I can shed the pounds. I am maintaining a 47 inch waist and ~250 in weight. The size range on Tranquility ATN for L is 45-58 inch waists.. so theoretically I should be able to get the diaper on with room to spare.. NOPE>. I can barely get the wings together to tape on.. its almost exactly like the situation I faced with the fitted diapers.. tehy were just getting too small.. What is it the size range being off for some products??? I'm almost tempeted to sample the XL.. but I don't know. XP medical doesn't really offer any otehr budget priced mid range briefs for everyday use. Did anyone else buy ATNS only to find they didnt quite fit as advertised? Thanks :)

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:26 am 

I've too have found the ATN's to be incorrectly sized fitting smaller than stated. In addition they seemed to have a "strange" fit which I was never quite comfortable with and also too much "extra plastic" above and below on the wings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:31 am 

Are the ATNs the same sizing as the SlimLine? I was thinking of trying ATN. I did find that medium SlimLine was about the limit for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:11 am 

I wear an xl in every diaper (with a perfect fit) except for tranquility. I was sent samples and they were way too small. I wear xl Northshore supremes with a booster at home during the daytime and a xl MegaMax in black when I’m out/for nighttime. It’s pricy but the last 2 days I’ve been 100% leak free and I can count on one hand the amount of leaks I’ve had the last month with this setup. It’s worth the cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:31 pm 

I tried a Medium Tranquility ATN brief today. It did seem a little bit smaller than other mediums I've worn but is otherwise ok for me. I'd have to conclude that the size for ATN is about the same as the SlimLine. I like consistency. :wink:

One notable difference between them however, is that the SAP goes all the way up to the waist line on the front of the ATN. This is so important for overnight, even though this isn't the most absorbent diaper on the market. The SlimLine on the other hand, stops substantially before the waist line (it's just plastic). Aside from absorbency, this makes the SlimLine suitable only for daytime wearing, which I guess is why it is market that way.

This begs the question: is this the only difference in absorbency between the two? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:39 pm 

wayne wrote:
Are the ATNs the same sizing as the SlimLine? I was thinking of trying ATN. I did find that medium SlimLine was about the limit for me.

I can't comment because its been years since I wore slimline, but my memory tells me that the cut was different. How exactly i don't know.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II