www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:23 pm 

So...
Usually when one orders samples of products, its best if they arrive roughly the same time so you can compare them side by side right? Well, in the case of Underx vs Medline vs Dry direct Maxi(Parentgiving's house brand) that simply wasn't possible. Underx was simply awesome in their customer service; after I sampled their L and sent them a message asking if I could get a sample of the next size up, they obliged. Parentgiving, on the other hand... send me a sample of their house brand Dry Direct which was decent.. but.. I had origionally ordered a sample of the Medline Extended wear, which took me.. wait for it.. a MONTH to receive, and only after I complained and gave them my order number. After all this time waiting. the deal for medline extedned wear on amazon for a case for 70 dollars in size L no longer exists. Maybe I shoulda said somethign sooner but it was partly being busy flying out for Thanksgiving, and partly due to me not wanting to botehr them; they sent emails about them being delayed and what not, which around the Thanksgiving holiday and post-Covid, and during winter in my state was fair enough. But days and days went by in December with no diaper sample. Finally I reached out to them, and they responded. I FINALLY got my sample of the Medline yesterday.
The 3 are roughly comparable in terms of absobency, but it appears that Medline clumps less than the other two when wet. But alll 3 are a step above your garden variety midrange brief (Tranquility, Tena Ultra, Norhshore Supreme Lite). The Medline I just took of held 3 deluge size wettings without leaking with the help of Spartan vinyl pants, but im pretty sure I pushed it to the limit, and had I not been wearing the vinly pants I would have had a slight leak. To be fair, however, when I am at work, I usually dont have very lage nigra falls type voids. usually those happne when I first wake up with a full bladder or stand up from a long time of sitting. I can't sit down at my job. Normally my voids are relatively small at work, I just happen to have multiple in a row and tehy seem to be rather acidic to the skin, causing jock itch. But I digress..

I think any 3 would work just fine for my regular at use work w a booster pad, and would cost less than better dry. If anyone is considering these products for their use, just make sure that you are using it for moderate to heavy episodes that are occasional, but I would not recommend this for multiple really large heavy voids. For that, stick to a top-tier premium diaper (Abena, BetterDry, Confidry, Megamax)
Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II