www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's all about attitude
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:48 pm 

I recently realized something. A major part of being successful and sane in regard to incontinence manangement is attitude. Last night, I had an issue with my bowels, and I had a feeling that I wasn't going to make it home to use the restroom so I let go. Instead of thinking, oh great, I have a load in my pants.. I thought.. crap happens.. Ill just get cleaned up.. I got this. And I successfully cleaned up without even having to take a shower to get the fecal matter off my body. Normally if I have a bowel accident in the diaper, I would be like oh great I have to go home and shower to get cleaned up.. But things get easier if you have the right attitude. In my case, thankfully bowel accidents are occasional, and yes, I have seen a doctor, and he chalks it up to constipation, and recommended I take miralax. Ive been less than faithful with that to be honest.

So, the point is.. Incontinence, even bowel incontience does not have to be the end of your life, nor does it even have to make it so you can't have a normal life. You just deal with it, and I am working on developing cleanup hacks on the go so you can feel more confident being out and about with bowel incontinence. I hope it helps someone.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:59 pm 

I could not agree more. Confidence in your skills, confident that your bag is fully packed and ready, confident that you know all the restrooms in your day's itinerary, all contribute mightily to successful management. Kudos and thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:10 am 

Absolutely. Rob, more incontinents should share your attitude.

--John
(double incontinent)