www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Booster pads, yes!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:50 pm 

Tonight, i'm almost postive boosting my diaper at mass and afterwards saved me a leak or two. As i mentioned earlier, i think my tena ultra somehow leaked at midnight mass.. i think it may be due to being pointed where theres no padding.. or being pointed upright...anyway.. tonight, i was wearing a boosted attends breathable.. and i had a few squirts..no real suprise, but it didnt leak.. i remember having a leak with the tena ultra even after a squirt..

The only downside to boosters is it makes my diaper all the more thicker when its somewhat noticeable arleady under my dress pants, which i haven't gotten a size up of yet.. thats the next thing i have to do.. oh well..

As time goes on, acceptance and adaptation gets easier.. eventually u quit stressing out over the little inconvinences and emarassments, and just adapt..

I'm somewhat tempted to try the abena plus or super.. for extended wear, may be as effective and not as bulky as a boosted diaper..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:27 pm 

If you do come to the point that you can spend your own money on diapers the Abena Super is an excellent choice. They will last a good 4-6 hours with no leaks and are quite thin... very discreet. I use them at work every day.

The Abena X-plus is also superb and will last 8-10 hours... but its extra bulk means you may have a harder time hiding it.

Post subject: Booster Pads
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 am 

I wear the Abena X Plus with the"Normal" booster pad during the day and with the "Maxi" booster pad at night. I wear pants that are a half-size too big in the waist, which seems to work fine, even with plastic pants over the diaper. Although my wife says that she can't tell that I have a diaper on, I do think it is noticeable, but not too bad. The diaper with the "Maxi" is too bulky for daytime use. Never have significant leaks day or night (just occasional seepage through micro holes in the waterproof barrier on the diaper once in awhile).

Post subject: Booster Pads
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:43 am 

Yes, I always use booster pads for both cloth and disposable. If I expect that I won't be able to change as soon as I would like, I add a second.

I think that using boosters makes economic sense and reduces the overall cost of diapers. A booster puts absorption capacity in the crotch where I need it, especially if I have a high flow release.

I don't worry about my diaper being so thick that it's easily spotted by others, maybe because I'm in my sixties. But I do worry about accidents while maintaining some level of comfort, particularly during that last hour or so before a change.