www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:00 pm 

Good point about depression. For those of us in the northern hemisphere, winter is setting in. At my latitude, that means that sundown is at 16:30 right now. That lack of sunshine negatively impacts our state of mind. Today is a rare sunny day in the Seattle area, so I will take my dog for a walk to regain some Vitamin D. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:09 pm 

Quote:
@JD My wife still asks me to remove the more obvious things from direct view.
In my case, I'm not sure if it was concern for me, or for her own embarrassment. Probably both.
Quote:
If someone decides to walk into my bedroom and look around, they will see shelves with diapers. I just don't flaunt it.
My immediate family knows so I don't worry about that much. But there is one of my wife's friends that would be best not knowing given her very gossipy nature.
Quote:
At my latitude, that means that sundown is at 16:30 right now.
Yup, that can be depressing (and cold at 4C/39.2F). Also the late arrival of the sun in the morning means I tend to sleep in longer. That meant that I overflowed my diaper sleeping this morning. Only plastic pants prevented total disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:56 pm 

I’m 44, have no partner and have been dealing with incontienence since my accident in 2015. Like Paul Henry, my apartment has grab bars, a raised toilet seat, a closet full of diapers, my wheelchair, walker and crutches. AND I wear glasses! Lol. I get it, I get depressed too. I’m visiting friends for thanksgiving and it’s not just the diapers that have me fretting. It’s his house not being accessible. I’ll be in my wheelchair honestly id rather stay home by myself. But I don’t want to be a Debbie downer once again so I’m gonna go and try to have a good time.