www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:24 am 

Hi!

Sorry, its been a while. Life keeps me busy. A few months back, I posted about changing more often but using a lesser product hoping to save money over time. That concept didnt last very long. I sampled some of the lesser Seni Products, and leaked sitting down. That was a huge turnoff.. so I just said screw it, and kept using what I knew.. Seni during the hot weather, and Better dry during the fall.. Well, now Prices are going up on XP Medical's website where a case of Bettery dry is now 105, whereas it used to be 95 dollars. For someone on a fixed income, that extra 10 dollars really adds up. So, I have been looking into Medline Extended wear, and a brand called Underx. I think they are a step down in absorbency from what I am using, but a helluva lot cheaper if I use the right service. I usually dont always flood anyway, it seems to be usually more frequent smaller episodes.. and if that is the case, I think I can get away with a lesser diaper that is still high quality. Ive put in order for samples of Medline and UnderX and willl let you know what I think. Better Dry will still be my go to for long extended wear occasionally, but for work use I need something less expensive.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:42 pm 

It really is not a bad idea to shop around every few months. Venders change prices all the time but they also offer deals that are worth a look. Something else all of us have learned over the years is manufactures change things in products with no warning. Sometimes those changes are really good but most of the time it is something we don't like and all so they can save a buck.
Moral of the story, keep your eyes open and have a backup plan for "just if".

Rope

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:29 am 

I have learned that it can be worth the trouble to periodically check "minority" online vendors as they often offer very significant discounts on incontinence products ranging from catheters to diapers. :D

We can become reliant on premium diapers and forget that a less expensive diaper, with a small added booster pad, may provide the performance needed for less cost. When I do this, I look for a diaper that, while offering less absorbency, has a good "structure," i.e., reasonably good leg elastics, internal standing leak guards, and good tapes. In an inexpensive diaper, I look for internal standing leak guards about ¾" tall. That will be enough to provide some protection during a bowel accident. As I am bowel incontinent, that is one of my priorities.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:38 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
In an inexpensive diaper, I look for internal standing leak guards about ¾" tall. That will be enough to provide some protection during a bowel accident. As I am bowel incontinent, that is one of my priorities.

That's very good to know, because I have the occasional bowel accident due to overflow due to constipation I think. I know from painful expereince that a diaper with leak guards is best because you may have to sit down before getting cleaned up.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II