www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:16 am 

Yes, you read right. I happen to be a very spiritual man.. being raised a devout Roman Catholic. Recently getting my new diapers that are much easier to deal with put me in better spirits and a much better mood. I no longer see my incontinence as a burden, but as an opportunity to grow. The inconvinences and embarassments and discomforts engender patience. At Midnight Mass, i was ushering. I think my diaper may have leaked a little bit.. not sure.. but when i wet, i nervously kept looking at my pants to make sure it was well contained. Sure enough.. i saw a little spot.. probably not enough to be noticed.. but i was sure making a scene. I realized later that i probably drew more attention to myself by doing that than the spot itself. I then figured it out: whenever i wear dress pants.. i will boost the diaper, and add extra padding, and make sure its taped tighter at the legs. The point is, it was an opportunity to be innovative.. to find a problem and solve it. It was an oppurtunity for growth. We Catholics see value in suffering, uniting our sufferings to Christ's on the Cross. How fitting for me to realize this on Christmas Day! Yes, i would like to be cured. But, if I'm not, it's not the end of the world...
I know that some of you may not share the above view, but i thought i might share it.. hopefully some can use it to help them.

Peace Of Christ and Merry Christmas to all!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:06 am 

Ah, not quite sure what you accomplished here. I too am a Roman Catholic and I attended Mass on Christmas Eve. I also was in diapers as usual. But unlike you, I was not constantly looking to see if my diaper was leaking through.

I quit using inferior diapers once I discovered Abri-form xtra plus diapers. I also use their fixing pants over my diaper. These can be purchased through XPmedical. These pants hold the diapers close to your body, a factor that I believe really prevents most leaks. I wet during the service and never gave it a second thought to whether my pants were soaked through or not.

I commend you for getting out there and ushering for Church but I also suggest you eliminate the worry by taking these precautions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:41 am 

Hate to say it JRB, but you missed the point. The point isn't leaking.. that was a poor analogy. What i meant was it makes it easier to deal with incontinence if you don't see it as a burden, but as a way to engender patience and humility, which are virtues. You know that Catholics place empasis on not wasting suffereing. You're right that i may need a better diaper..eventually i may need Abena.. but the only problem is cost.. i have a limited income.. and i can only use the diapers i get for free..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: Socialogygeek
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:23 am 

Got it now! I agree that you must first accept yourself and deal with the cards you are dealt. So much of our lives are spent worrying about the things we cannot change, worrying about what others may say or think about us or what happens if they find out that I am wearing a diaper or whatever we seem to zero in on.

If we are truly made in the image and likeness of God then accepting ourselves should be a no brainer. Wearing diapers due to no bladder or bowel control does not define you. It is merely a means to an end, or a way of dealing with an issue that cripples some people from ever getting on with their lives and being productive.

Since I accepted the fact that I will be in diapers the rest of my life, I can now live my life as normal as anyone else. I am not house bound or afraid that some one might notice I have a diaper on.

Life is short as they say and certainly shorter after age fifty or so it feels.
I don't know about you but I'm going to enjoy the rest of mine to the fullest, albeit well padded.