www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm 

Dealing with incontience is hard enough without people questioning you and calling you lazy because sometimes you wet your diaper instead of running to the bathroom. My dad said sometimes he thinks im just lazy. This morning, i probably could have gotten up an used the bathroom, and i was planning to do so, but as i was waking up, before i got a chance, the diaper started getting wet :( and i leaked onto my bed :oops: ..had to wash the sheets. Now, as far as i know, i dont wet in my sleep... just when im awake, but sometimes i do wet the bed when im laying on it and that urge strikes.. not on purpose. How do you deal with it when people call you lazy, when they JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND? Yes, i admit, sometimes i do get a bit lazy, but then again, I'm sometimes struck without warning.. my incontinece seems to be going downhilll.. i'm struggling hard to maintain control...but again, it seems no matter what i do, or how many times i go to the bathroom, the diaper still gets wet eventually.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Last edited by sociologygeek on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:46 pm 

I have had problems with my wife about it. She did accuse me of just being lazy once I started using briefs at home. I did get her to stop by doing role-playing exercises. On the weekends when we were both together most of the day I would randomly tell her she has to go to the bathroom and only has 2 min to get there. I did this about 10 times during the day. Needless to say she got very irritated, especially when I would tell her if she were really incontinent she would have wet pants since she did not make it in 2 min. I also had her try on a pair of briefs so she would understand that it takes at least a minute to even take them off. She did become more sympathetic but even to this day will sometimes make an off the cuff remark like "pause the movie since I can't just pee in a diaper like you do" . Fortunately she is more careful in public and when company is over not to embarrass me. Another thing that helped me was showing her something my urologist pointed me to. A study which included non-geriatric heavily incontinent individuals: http://www.ncchta.org/fullmono/mon1229.pdf. It also came to the conclusion which a lot of us discover. For men, diapers are typically the best option due to male anatomy. All the other products often leak.
I also pointed out to her that she actually wanted me to just use the briefs when going out with her since it was very disruptive to always be on the lookout and have to go to the bathroom every hour when going to dinner, shopping, or the movies. About a year after that I started having accidents even at home.

Last edited by jgrover on Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:01 am 

jgrover wrote:
For men, diapers are typically the best option due to male anatomy. All the other products often leak.

Ain't that the truth..I don't trust anything except a full brief.. even on light days, because i dont have to worry about where i'm pointed..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II