www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Protection escalation
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:29 pm 

As I have mentioned before, my wife has OAB, and while she is supportive of my manner of dealing with OAB by relying on diapers, she is opposed to it for herself. She uses pads and will use my north shore boosters to make them better.

The problem we are dealing with right now is her need to get up so many times in the night to use the bathroom. It is destroying her sleep. She is terrified of her symptoms worsening and especially as they did worsen after the birth of our son. We hope to one day get pregnant with a second child and she’s fearful that will make it worse too. kegels have not helped. She also can’t do the avoidance of fluids two hours before bed.

My question is if she does end up using a diaper for bedtime, will that cause a reliance on diapers during the day. Will it worsen her symptoms during the day if she uses the diaper as opposed to getting up 3-4 times a night?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:11 pm 

Because I'm not a medical professional, nothing I write is gospel. However, losing sleep, for whatever reason, can over time have bad medical consequences. If loss of sleep is caused by an easily managed solution, such as diapers, the stigma against them can have tragic results. Diapers give me a good night's sleep, as nothing else has. Bladder spasms still awaken me several times most nights; however, confident in my protection, I simply roll over and go back to sleep.