Switch to full style
Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Skip your protection? Not so fast.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

I have urgent bladder incontinence, which is quite manageable at home and office. As long as I don't allow my bladder to get nearly full, I can safely get along just using a toilet. So for home and office, I get to sometimes thinking that I don't need my daily protection.

But that's when it strikes!

The following situations force me to "stay prepared":
  • The usual [home] bathroom is occupied (for too long)
  • You can't get to the toilet fast enough when doing yard work
  • Someone drops by your backyard just when you think your bladder is "imminent" and you don't want to be rude and excuse yourself
  • Someone keeps you on the phone a long time when the urge starts

And today, I added another reason:
  • The drive thru service was so slow that the urge started just as you receive the order.

It's a reminder that accidents still happen and that yes, you still need that diaper. Perhaps there are other reasons that can be added to this list.

Re: Skip your protection? Not so fast.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:55 am

dunno bout others. but outside of a shower there is no non time. seems appropriate for you as well.

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:34 am

I tend to think of this as "accident prevention".

Away from home, shopping etc. is another matter entirely. That requires a better level of protection.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am

I, too, feel that while at home I really don't need to be diapered. In fact, I recently purchased some boxer briefs to wear when at home, and possibly for short trips to a store. I tried going unprotected to Walmart the other day, and no problems. However, I was very nervous. I'm not sure if I will be that brave, or stupid again.

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:27 am

On hot summer days I am tempted to wear just swim shorts around the house. The worst that could happen at home (with no company visiting) is that I wet my shorts on my way to the bathroom.

But Walmart? Oh no! I'd have to be out of protection first. I won't go out in public without some minimal protection.
Post a reply