www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to accept
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 am 

I always had a week bladder and need to go to toilet more often than other folks. Especialy when I am drinking a lot. For some weeks it has gotten worse and I need to go like every 10 to 15 minutes. Its not leaking, I can perfectly hold it, but I have a very strong urge.

Now my problem is, that I struggle to accent that it would be the easiest way to just put and keep on diapers. But somthing in me is resisting. So I try to go to the office in the morning without a diaper on (mostly I take some withme in a Backpack). After the first coffe I have to go to the toilet. 15 minutes later again and after finishing I just have the feeling of just getting back to the toilet. Finaly then I decide to put the diaper on.

Sometimes I even resisted to take one with me and telling myself "I dont need it, I can hold it. I will drink less and than it will work". Usualy this ends in me gooing to the toilet at least 3 times an hour and rushing home in the lunch breakt to put on a diaper. I think this is even more disgusting every time than just put them on and accept it.

Who had the same problems and how did you get over it?

Post subject: Re: How to accept
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:06 am 

Hi Greg

We are all here to help support each other and always remember you are not alone in needing to wear a diaper to manage a bladder issue. Im guessing you have seen an urologist or your doctor if not its a good idea to make an appointment as IC issues are caused by underlying issues and some can be life threatening.

Acceptance of the need to wear and use a diaper is hard at first but it does get easier over a short time especially once you realize no one notices and the stress of will ai make it to the bathroom is gone and when your bladder releases unexpectedly your protected and you can trust your diaper to do its job.

I wear Betterdry diapers 24/7 and they have proven to be a diaper I can trust, you could also try incontrol hybrid diapers as they have a velcro type tape so you could untape your diaper to use the washroom then tape with out damaging the diaper this will give you the protection you need and the option to use the washroom when you can.

for me its now been 6 years of dealing with a bladder issue and taped diapers and I have long since given up the bathroom runs to pee since I never make it any ways and I have no regrets in my decision to simply use my diaper to pee I would love to be out of them again but at this time its not possible and I have fully accepted my need and I am at peace with it.

Just keep reminding your self its a medical issue and there are worse things that can go wrong with our bodies then needing a diaper to keep our pants dry and your life really does not change all that much except when you travel and need to take supplies with you :)

hope you can come to terms with needing diapers and thst your urologist can figure out the issues and find an alternative but if not we are all here to help you get through the rough times

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:24 am 

Quote:
you could also try incontrol hybrid diapers as they have a velcro type tape so you could untape your diaper to use the washroom then tape with out damaging the diaper this will give you the protection you need and the option to use the washroom when you can.

This is an option that I am seriously considering for family picnics where I might have to last for 6-7 hours. This is too long for any pull-up and I refuse to change a pull-up in a public washroom. That leaves briefs. For me, the velcro type would seem to be best. I am going to try TENA Flex Super. This would allow me not to be too bulky, allowing active participation in badminton etc. without feeling like a rustling Michelin Man. Yet I can change 1-2 times without fuss and not worry about tapes popping off.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm 

Wayne:
For your public outings you might want to try adding a Male Guard pad to your diaper. That way you can quickly (and silently) change out just the pad in a restroom or other private place in under a minute. I keep a couple of pads and plastic shopping bags in the pockets of my cargo shorts and can go at least 8 hours (usually more) with this system. When you've used the last pad just use the diaper. Another benefit is that you can use a relatively thin diaper for discretion and know that the added bulk of the pad is unnoticeable. When I feel I can't wear a bulky super premium diaper I have used this system many many times and have found it to work very well.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try that with the thinner TENA Classic pull-up. With the TENA for Men, I found that the guard added considerable front bulge. But this is due in part to the builtin bulge from the pull-up. In the family event(s) that I am planning for, there is the benefit of the parked car nearby. A guard and a bag would be easy enough to grab from the car and stash in a pocket before trekking to the washroom. I just need to arrange that before the group heads out :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:11 am 

gregs wrote:
Now my problem is, that I struggle to accent that it would be the easiest way to just put and keep on diapers. But somthing in me is resisting. So I try to go to the office in the morning without a diaper on (mostly I take some withme in a Backpack). After the first coffe I have to go to the toilet. 15 minutes later again and after finishing I just have the feeling of just getting back to the toilet. Finaly then I decide to put the diaper on.

My suggestion would be: Talk with your doc about it - it's important to understand the root cause of your problem because this can also be a sign of other health problems. A overactive bladder is often treatable. Toilet training may help, body wight is also factor and there is also medication available. For a fist step the following may help:

• Check your diet. A good starting point you may find here: https://www.healthline.com/health/overa ... adder-diet
  • Make sure you drink enough. It sound strange but if you drink more you have less urge problems because the urin is less concentrated. Concentrated urin causes more urge problems.