www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:11 pm 

Out of desparation and sheer frustration with the wings supreme tapes..i bought a pack of depend.. LOL.. now i remember what its like buying from a store.. u keep looking around to see whos watching..

I dont know if its the diaper, or if i'm putting it on too tight, but i notice red spots on my inner groin.. i bought depend hoping they wouldnt feel like sandpaper..sometihing to tide me over until my next shipment.

Ive mentioned my pdd-nos.. it makes it difficult to cooridinate my hygine.. i try my best to stay dry and clean..but sometimes i don't..like yesterday, i forgot to bring wipes.. and i compromised with hand soap and paper towels.. does that work? or am I doing damage to my skin?

I really hope they find whats causing my incontience soon..because it seems to just be going downhill.. some days are ok..but others i almost have no control..

If i have no choice but to live with it.. i need a better diaper.. which causes problems in itself.. id have to buy them if i want good ones.. oh what a headache..

What's the best quality diaper for the least money?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:39 pm 

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that IMHO the Abri-form Super is the best all-around disposable on the market today. Sure... there are diapers that absorb more, sure... there are diapers that are cheaper. But I really think that the Abri Super is a good compromise diaper. It's not very thick at all... yet it holds a suprising amount and can take a good flooding in stride. One of them will last me about 6 hours on average. If you order by the case from XPMedical they're not prohibitively expensive. I wear them at work every day and they have never let me down.

Other than that... what can I say... learning to live with diapers takes time. Fighting it and getting mad/depressed about it certainly doesn't make things any easier. Just try to take it one day at a time like the rest of us do... things will get better one way or another eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:06 am 

hmm... its a good idea.. but, 80 bucks a case is a bit steep.. abena abri-form x-plus looks more affordable.. for a one-time purhcase... im also considering dry 24/7..

Last edited by sociologygeek on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:23 am 

I've tried a lot of brands through HDIS, there is a link to their site on the link page, and I found two diapers that are pretty good for the money.
The Tena "ultra" was very good and the cost per each is 79 cents. It has a cloth backing. The diaper I use through them ,though, is the Tranquility slimline. It is plastic backed and cost 80 cents per each. It is not quite as absorbant as the Tena, but I find it more reliable for leaks.
Tena may have fixed their problem in the pinholes leaks I was ghetting with the Ultra.
For the money, I like both of those diapers. Also, HDIS has no shipping cost, nor sales tax. My two cents worth!! .........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:51 am 

I can get tena ultra for free if i want to, so that's real good to know that its a quality diaper.. is it more absorbent than attends breathable i wonder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 am 

Soci,
I used Attends many years ago and I liked them, but they've changed over the years. I think I tried one as a sample in the sample pack I once received from HDIS. Best I remember, the Ultra beat it hands down.
Man, if I could get the Ultra for free, I would jump at it!
Good Luck! ..........Paul Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:03 pm 

The only diaper I have found to be superior over all others is the Abri-Form X-tra plus. They may appear to be a bit pricey, however, one of these will last me all day. I wear the Abina Fixing pants over these and they work great.

There are other cheaper brands but you aren't saving any cash if your using twice as many in a day as these.

As for the red spots you got with the Depends, the same thing happened to me years ago. This was the primary reason for switching to cloth. Now that I have been wearing the Abri-Form's, I have been totally satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:51 pm 

Thanks JRB..actually, the red spots i was referring to wasnt from depends.. they were from wings supreme.. I'm at my wits end with those diapers.. If i have to get different diapers that dont have waistband, i don't care.. I HATE them.. a diaper is useless if it doesnt have good tape tabs.. and more of then than not, the tapes on wings supreme have proven very unreliable..

When i first tried them out 3 months ago, i thought i was getting a good product. But then, after wasting about 20 diapers PER SHIPMENT with trying to get them on, tapes not sticking etc..i realize they are cheap stuff.. Even though J&B medical told me that they are the best they have, i dont buy it. They may be absorbent, and indeed, ive never had a leak..well yes i have..but that was with holes in the backsheet.. but, the tapes are not worth it. Either they dont stick. or they rip off when im putting the bloody diaper on. Hopefully attends breathable and tena ultra wil work better.

Last edited by sociologygeek on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:00 pm 

I have recieved my next shipment of diapers from J&B medical.. attends breathable and tena ultra.. and im already glad i made the decision i did. They actually may be more absorbent than wings supreme, which would eliminate the need for boosting.. I'm assuming tena ultra is more absorbent than attends breathable.. is that a fair assumption? If so, that would be handy...different diapers for different situations..

I was pleasantly surpised to discover that BOTH the attends breathable and tena ultra have the refastenable tape tabs.. that pretty much eliminates the waste probem.. Not having a waistband will take some getting used to..and 2 tape design will also..but im just happy that i havent wasted any diapers yet! Yes!!!

They may be overkill.. but hey, i dont care.. im good and protected.