www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:50 pm 

Some of us like to live on the edge and wear a diaper for hours on end and have it endure multiple wettings. I never really understood that or felt comfortable with extended wear situations unless I had to go for hours without changing. I guess I have sensitive skin. I don't like feeling wet. Yes I could wear my Tena ultra for hours and wet multiple times in it, but how comfotable would that be? Not very. I just did a test comparing the dryness of a Tena ultra provided my medicaid compared to a Beyond brief. I took a tall cup and filled it up. I poured the liquid into teach. Both held it, but the tena was wet to the touch. The beyond was completly dry. That seals the deal for me as far as I'm concerned. My tenas are free thanks to medicaid and they have a very useful purpose when I'm around the house or in a situation wehre I can change easily. One or two or 3 wettings They can take no problem but I change soon after because Id feel wet otherwise. So, when I buy the premium diapers, I am not expecting to fill them to capacity. I never go beyond 4 hours without changing. But the premium brand all but gurantees that my skin will be dry as possible. So, how mnay of you find it hard to go more than 4 hours without changing at work, and feel the need to change when wet at home? Am I the only ine with sensitive skin?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:17 pm 

I dislike wearing diapers, but I hate the feeling of being wet, and yes, I also have somewhat sensitive skin. I pretty much leak on myself all day, so I change a few times. I'm new to the severity of my issues so I'm still figuring out my maintenance schedule, if you will. Since encountering a few rashes, I've made a better effort to wash, and dry, and apply creams and such.

A big concern for me is how bad I might smell, so that also is a driving factor for changing often. I miss feeling, and smelling clean. That's actually one of the hardest things for me emotionally. I feel disgusting, and if folks knew about my problem they'd be disgusted. That's a hurtful thought. I just try to keep myself as clean as possible, and use various good smelling products. Best I can do at this moment.

I use expensive plastic diapers that are pretty good at wicking away moisture from what I've experienced. I can get a few hours out of them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:03 am 

This is so true! I find that a super premium diaper (Better Dry, ComfiDry 24/7) can last 12+ hours without leaking, but my skin begins to get irritated around the 6-8 hour point even though I don't have particularly sensitive skin. I haven't experienced a smell problem with those diapers but I have with Abena L4's. After 4-6 hours they aren't anywhere near capacity but I always notice a smell at about that point and have to change.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:31 am 

Padded53 wrote:
This is so true! I find that a super premium diaper (Better Dry, ComfiDry 24/7) can last 12+ hours without leaking, but my skin begins to get irritated around the 6-8 hour point even though I don't have particularly sensitive skin. I haven't experienced a smell problem with those diapers but I have with Abena L4's. After 4-6 hours they aren't anywhere near capacity but I always notice a smell at about that point and have to change.