www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:10 am 

Ok, so... I started implementing the "change at every break" regiment last night at work. I work at Meijer as a greeter for those of you who don't know. It is a job that involves long hours of standing in the vestibule saying "Hello" and "Goodbye, thanks for coming in" to customers, as well as keeping the cart corral stocked, and also responding to any time the anti theft system activates. Thus, it is a job that does not allow me to leave my spot without having someone take my place.

I have to call and ask every time I need to use the bathroom other than on my breaks and lunch. I try to avoid that, because I'm wearing super absorbent diapers, so I don't really need to use the toilet, and it inconvinences the person who is releiving me. But, aside from using the diaper instead of using the bathroom between breaks, I see the wisdom of changing often when I do get regular breaks. So, I implemented it last night.

I started out wearing beyond 5000 with a booster and had 3 Abena L4 in a drawstring bag. I realize that Abena and Beyond are NOT the sort of diaper that you change all that often due to the cost and design of the diapers, but they are all I had to use other than Tena.. I don't like the idea of using Tena at work. Anyway, long story shorter.. I was drinking more water than I usually do. I started out my shift drinking 2 8oz bottles of water and then another 2 8oz bottles of water 2 hours later at my first break. Between my 1st break and my Lunch, I was wearing an Abena L4. That thing got SOAKED. It held wetting after wetting. I was afraid of leaking. But it held! It held every wetting without getting my vinyl over pants wet or my bodystocking wet. It was soo wet that not only did the wetness indicator change color, It disappeared altogether. The padding was so saturarated that it was starting to break down. But it still did not leak! On Xp Medical's webiste it lists the Abena as holding up to 4 full bladder losses, but I know that I had a lot more than 4 episodes. They were probably smaller that a full bladder but still there were a lot of them. Then I had an episode that felt like it could have been a full bladder and I got really nervous about leaking. But NOPE! When I went to change my diaper on my break my pants were still completly dry. But the ironic thing is that after changing the diaper, I figured it would be a good idea to try to empy my bladder in the toilet. So, I went about usig the bathroom, but to my horror I discovered that I was not pointed at the toilet, but at my pants on the floor! I had peed on my pants instead of in the toilet! UGH! The irony! The cruel twist! I survive pounding the pee into abena without leaking but now i get my pants wet by not aiming??!?! UGH! What do I do? I couldn;t drive home for another pair of pants because I didn't have enough time left in my lunch break. I couldn't just wear my pant because it was a big spot in a somewhat visibile area. It was inside my leg, but you could see it if you were looking at my pants. But more than that, it felt really uncomfortable. Then it occured to me that I could buy a pair of dresspants off the shelf. So thats what I set out to do. I looked on several shelves for my size.. finally I found pants that fit! Nothing short of a small miracle, as I often have to buy my pants online. Most stores don't carry my size. The night is saved!

The rest of the evening went uneventfully, thank God! I got really nervous when my bladder kept releasing void after void and I didn't have a Confidry or Better dry on. But I knew that Abena could hold its own. I saw how it performed in Realworld incontinence's tests so that gave me confidnence.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 am 

Your account must be a common experience among us. That you handled it as well as you did is commendable and reassuring to me, and to others, as well. Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 pm 

Did something similar when I was changing recently. I sometimes can't feel when I'm going to have a spurt and in the process of taking my pants off I managed to urinate on the them. Kind of funny thinking about it now. The fact I take all these precautions to protect my clothing and dignity, and yet manage to do screw it up.

I can also second your thoughts on Abena L4. It was my night-time protection of choice for a while, until I discovered Megamax. They're pretty comfortable and work pretty well for me. They still leaked on me every once in a while I sleep on my side and stomach, so that was problem. Still much better than everything else.