www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:43 pm 

I'm a believer now in changing more often at work. I used to avoid it because it mean having less time to get something to eat while at work, but I think I could eat before work with no problem. For the first time, my genitals did not reek of urine, and my thighs were not itchy red. That was the whole goal of changing more often. I've said it to myself countless times before: Don't push extended wear unless you have to. There's a reason why I usually change a wet diaper after one wetting, if I'm at home. It's because my skin health is more important to me than wasting a diaper..that and I get my mediaid diapers for free. When I put on an abena I usually wet in it a few times before changing but not the Tenas.

I have a theory also that urine in my bladder for a long time that has not been diluted by water often leads to irritation which in turn leads to large episdodes that floods diapers. Every single time I change a diaper after a deluge type flood, the urine color is an almost amber color. Thus, I aim to keep hydrated. It is my hope by staying hydradet and emptying my bladder before work and changing on each break during my shift that I avoid the jock itch that has reallly started to annoy me. I have samples of Seni Super Pluis and Seni Super on the way to me. will let you know what I think!

And yes, I have considered wearing my Medicaid diapers to work and boosting them. The only problem I see wit htaht is the diapers lack leak guards so I'm wary about them holding several wettings without changing. Not to mentione they would probably sag a lot more.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:54 pm 

I am a believer in changing when my diaper feels wet. With double cloth, I can go the entire night and 4-6 hours during the day before feeling wet. With single cloth, it’s much sooner. Disposable feel wet to me sooner but there’s a time and place to wear disposables v cloth. I have tried MegaMax with the huge capacity but I can’t imagine going 12 hours during the day without a change, ever! I have however used them at night away from home, when cloth isn’t an option. My confidence level against leaking (side sleeper) is pretty high, as is a Supreme with a booster.
I guess the general rule of thumb for me is when you feel damp, it’s time to change. I clean up before changing. I also use antibacterial shower soap in the region pretty often. Melaleuca’s Renew lotion is in my bag and on my vanity, and use it very often.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:32 pm 

Ellyn,
I could not agree more. Flexibility, willingness to experiment, and use whatever the situation makes appropriate are keys to successful management. Heavy winter clothing conceals diaper bulge nicely; however, no power in this planet will convince me to shovel snow happily when the temperature is below zero and my protection is wet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:48 pm 

A few days ago, I was bundled up in my heaviest winter clothes. Today, I was in a dress with no jacket at all and quite comfortable. The ground is cold and damp, making for paths of mud from the canine kids.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:46 am 

Ellyn wrote:
I have tried MegaMax with the huge capacity but I can’t imagine going 12 hours during the day without a change, ever! I have however used them at night away from home, when cloth isn’t an option. My confidence level against leaking (side sleeper) is pretty high, as is a Supreme with a booster.

I agree! No matter how absorbent and well made it is, ANY diaper would be extremely uncomfortable and smelly after 12 hours. I think the most I have gone is 4 hours. Although I actually went an entire school day (back when I substitute taught) without changing and I remember that I smelled like stale pee near the end. Not a good smell! That gave me incentive to change more often.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II