www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Working out/gym
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:53 am 

I don’t know if many of you are gym guys? Outside of COVID I work out 3 times a week. Always with protection on. Just wondering if any of you have any tips or strategies? My proven technique is a tena men active fit pull-up with compression shorts over then my gym shorts. Keeps everything in place and the compression cuts down the padding bulk of the tena underwear. I can lift weights, row, jog etc with peace of mind that the padding will soak everything up and no leaks.

Post subject: Re: Working out/gym
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:13 pm 

I won't be anywhere near a gym until 90%+ of the populace gets vaccinated. Prior to the pandemic, I went 3-4 times a week. Now, I walk the trails near my house, and lift large landscaping rocks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 pm 

Haven’t set foot in a gym since December. Closed here till early March.
WetDad wrote:
I won't be anywhere near a gym until 90%+ of the populace gets vaccinated. Prior to the pandemic, I went 3-4 times a week. Now, I walk the trails near my house, and lift large landscaping rocks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:56 pm 

Can't afford the memberships, so I walk my neighborhood with a weighted vest. And my needs require more bulky products so I'd be too self conscious anyway.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:23 am 

Hi Porkchop, I've gotten past my self-consciousness in the gym now. I've been using pullup underwear for a while there and have not had anyone make a negative comment in the locker rooms yet. My gym buddies know I have them on, but they don't make a deal of it and I'm not the only one there wearing them as I've spotted them in the trash can on several occasions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:16 pm 

CraigUK,

I have to wear the taped briefs, those are nowhere near as discreet as all of that. Maybe I will get there one day.

Porkchop

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:03 am 

Hi Porkchop, im sure the forum members have some good tips and tricks for keeping your protection discreet if you did have gym membership. I wear compression shorts over my pullup, keeps things close fitting for a workout.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm 

CraigUK wrote:
Hi Porkchop, im sure the forum members have some good tips and tricks for keeping your protection discreet if you did have gym membership. I wear compression shorts over my pullup, keeps things close fitting for a workout.

I'd be game, I would love to take up a martial arts and get in better shape. Can't really grapple with a diaper on... not very sanitary.

Marcus Aurelius