www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:44 pm 

Nope I'm wearing a full mat Prevail at the moment :wink: Jane I think is wearing the Depends:lol: ......................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm 

I swear the next time I hear someone say "go green" I'm going to freak. That is seriously the most overused phrase of the decade.

Post subject: i perfer cloth now
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 pm 

I through i would not switch over possible only at home to cloth, but i have found it woks best for me. Cloth are great at home and out an about. Especially when i am out there is far less chances of needing to change my cloth diaper almost always acn wait until i get home. I when wear cloth to work. Rest rooms are always changing due to having to travel from from site to another never in one location long, so rest rrom range from plush executive to port-a-johns. Most days I can get through the whole day in one cloth no stress over changing places. It is no more thicker than a quality disposable like Tena. There maybe a little bulk but so do disposables beside no one is any wiser. As far as smell I wear my diaper into the shower and the soap and shampoo act as great pre-wash very little oder from diaper pail.
Cloth has took me through some hard adys where I could not change, no disposable would have held up. i have far less skin problems. It is much more comfortable especailly at home and night. I can sleep on side and stomach wake up soaked and not ever a spot on my t-shirt. Cloth is old fashions but it is the system that works for me and what works is what matters. I hope all find that system that works. So far I have found babykins (changing times) to have very good plastic pants. I enjoy their printed pants mcuh better than hospital white, and they have quick delivery if in stock.
One question for those who wear cloth pin on. I perfer pin on because i control the fit no more plumbers crack. Never pined on a diaper before incontinence but have become quite good at it. Where does one find good pins. The Gerber ones are not the best. Because i am active with hiking, biking, walking , camping, and etc. I can put stress on my diaper and pins. (hell the diaper is along for the ride) Once in a while the Gerber pins have poped open on me during heavy active. It can be hard finding a place to go privately (because it is best fastened laying down) to fix ones diaper. Are there better pins out there?
One more thing about sleeping this regards men. Cloth is full coverage forth, back, and sides regardless of where your penis is pointed when you wake up. In disposable if you are pointed away from absorbancy padding there is a problem. Just my opinion. Take care All
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm 

For steph_39--

AFDC has some good pins---look to the bottom of this page:

http://www.angelfluff.com/nfpins.htm

for the heavy-gauge ones (not the 3-inch; too long).

Also, the Dritz pins at Adult Cloth Diaper are good and durable:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/Store ... =369727730

Good luck!

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm 

Thanks for the website vendors I will check them out. The Gerber maybe great for baby diapers but really do not up to the stress an adult can put on them. They bend easy while trying to pin though some layers.
I remember a very difficult time trying to repin a wet flannel diaper in place it felt like it took forever to get those pins in and i ended up borrowing a safety pin.
Kind of long story but I was on a camping/hiking trip it was an unsual heavy wet night and morning. I went to a bath house to wash and change while i finished in a stall with a #2 i came out to find my bag and pants on the bench were gone. Some people just do respect others belongs. Anyways it was difficult repinning that soaked diaper I could not get the pins back through the fabric. Hope these only pins do the trick. It was a cold morning walk back to camp and a quick one without my pants. Thanks again and take care
Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:37 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion on the Dritz pins they are working out great. Take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:37 pm 

I use KINs, http://www.babykins.com/baby_youth_adul ... plies.html velcro diapers with a gerber baby cloth diaper insert. I have used cloth diapers for over 27 years, if I had been using disposables they would have to name a dump after me by now. I use a high efficency front load washer that uses less than one third of the water of a top loader, as well as alot less electricity. To keep odors out of my diaper I do what mothers have done for decades. I put half a cup of Borax on top the last diaper put into the washer. This brightens, deodorizes and is good for the enviroment. The diapers come out almost dry from the washer, and quickly dry in the dryer. In the warmer months we often just hang dry on the clothes line. Using this method, my diaper last for years and do not smell very much, even after a long night soaking. Waterproof pants I wash by hand and let hang dry. The velcro diapers a very easy to change in a washroom, however when I'm in a mall I look for the family bathroom to change. Lots more room and private at the same time. Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 pm 

My fiancee actually made me a cloth diaper as a birthday present. She has created an interesting design that is both comfortable and easy to use. She sews a tunnel in the diaper that runs from back to front. You can easily slide in a cloth stuffer or a disposable "diaper doubler" to add extra absorbancy. It actually works quite well and has been very comfortable so far. When you need to wash it, just take out the stuffer, and it dries much faster than a thick cloth diaper would.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of it and show y'all what I'm talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm 

What a smart design, if you can get a picture that would be great.

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am 

PuddleGuy wrote:
I swear the next time I hear someone say "go green" I'm going to freak. That is seriously the most overused phrase of the decade.

Yes! That really does bother the heck outta me! I live about 70 minutes from Berkley and right next door to Stanford and Google and it seems like it's all about "ride your bike to school and work", "eat less meat", "don't drive!" But I don't want to hijack this thread, so. ;)

Bob57 wrote:
I use KINs, http://www.babykins.com/baby_youth_adul ... plies.html velcro diapers with a gerber baby cloth diaper insert. I have used cloth diapers for over 27 years, if I had been using disposables they would have to name a dump after me by now.

Do you leak at all at night? I swear I'm ready to try anything at this point to keep from having a damp bed regardless of if I'm diapered or not...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next