www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:39 pm 

Puddle Guy: Been there done that! I use 3 the KINS prefold diapers at night. First one laid flat, second one folded lengh ways, to create a soaker pad, and the third laid flat on top of the other two. I use extra large plastic pants to cover the diapers. I found that this works for me. Good luck! Bob

Post subject: Cloth
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 pm 
Admin

I have always been a in a disposable at night since it got bad enough to need coverage, and it is a waste of money to use and not need (the not needing is a good thing of course :) ) So after too many years I have finally decided to change over to cloth, and am awaiting their arrival in the mail hopefully by the weekend. I went with the Gabby's cloth pull on's and cover pants, as they look like they will stand up to the abuse of laundry and useage, but depending on how they fit, and how well they stops leaks, as I side sleep 90% of the night, I will either make the investment & stock up the cupboard with them, or try maybe the Kins line of cloth. Are the Kin's cover pants that thick, or similar to the vinyl that you can get at Home medical stores. I have a pair, and they seem pretty soft and will not last too long before they ger a tear. Anyone in a Kins cloth puill on type that can pass on any info on them, along with how sturdy their line of cover pants are. Most on here I take it are using the flat types, and pin them on... I have no children, and have never had to diaper anyone elses kids, even my sister's, and would probablly end up perforating myself somewhere I wouldn't enjoy too much for sure... I tend to be dangerous with sharp objects! :lol: I look forward to not worrying about sleeping with a wet hip in the near future... Puff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm 

I have never found a cloth diaper that would last all day that could not be detected under my pants because of bulk. For that reason, I've only used the cloth diapers at night in the past.

Buy RS Gold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm 
Admin

Jannypan, I am in the same position on cloth, I only use them at night, they are much too bulky for me to be able to wear them during the day if I am out and not be noticeable, Puffy

Post subject: share your experience
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 pm 

What Really needs to happen is feedback. Not only to each other, but to the companies that make the products we use every day!! It's so easy and quick with the power of email etc. Lots of companies even have incentive programs for providing input. I am tired of wearing mattresses, and I'm sure you all are too. My generation is far too soft-spoken and I have been putting up with products that don't work as well as they should for too long. 
I have just found an online community for incontinent women. They are giving away cash rewards, Kindles and a Dell netbook, among other things. All you have to do is join!
http://ai.crowdexchange.com/