www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 pm 

As most of you know, a few years back I made the descision to use cloth diapers as much as possible. At the time, the ones I found fit well and absorbed what I needed them to absorb, for the most part. But then, I gained quite a bit of weight. I ended up selling 2 very good sets of diapers that i lreally liked simply because they no longer fit. As of right now, the fitted diapers I own are too small and the Threaded Armor pullups that I bought ultimaltely will not be practical for use outside the house.. which kinda defeats the purpose of wearing diapers not provided by Medicaid..unless my sole intent was to be eviornmentally conscious..and no, it wasnt. While that is a concern( I want to save the planet as much as the next guy) cost of disposables and putting up cheap crappy medicaid diapers was why I went with cloth back in 2016. I know I sang the praises of Threded armor.. but then, as time goes on, I realize tht I am really more comfortable in a fitted brief style diaper ratehr than a pullup. I have spent 5+ years wearing nothing but diapers that are tabbed. I am simply not used to the way pullups fit. Ultimately, I don't feel secure. This is something I figured out after I bought several pairs of pullups from threaded armor. The fitted diapers I bought off ecoable i would wear all the time if i was able to lose a few pounds. The way I see it, cloth is most useful as an extended wear solution because if I end up not needing it, it can be reused, whereas disposables cannot be. So, in that regard, if I layer 2 or 3 fitted diapers for an evening out, that would be fine. But when I am workng, I may not be able to fit 3 layers of diapering under work pants. I have to wear dress type pants. So I've been wearing a boosted premium disposable. Disposables really are best under tight fitting dresspants because if you buy the right brand, they have a slim profile.

If anyone is intersted in buying my Threaded armor briefs, I will probably be listing them on eBay shortly. If and when I sell them, the money will go into the fund im setting aside to found the nonprofit.

Peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II