www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am i the only one who..
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:12 pm 

has had all the tests in the urologist office, and has normal results, but is still not dry? I cant explain my incontinence. I just know its there. Has anyone else been told your tests are normal, urodynamics and cytoscopy, but still u know somethin aint right? Sometimes, i feel the urge to go, and i do go, but sometimes, i start peeing before i get my pants down.. I just don't know whats wrong.

I will stop worrying about it. There's nothing i can do about it. All i can do is wait, and hope things get better, and see if the neurologist has any answers.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:51 am 

You definately aren't alone... I had all the gloriously fun tests done years ago and the doctors pretty much shrugged their shoulders. It runs in my family and they can't really explain it. It's just something I have to live with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:41 am 

For many of us with incontinence the cause was very easy for the docs to identify. In my case, it was caused by a back injury (L4, L5, & S1) that compressed disc and that caused damage to the nerves. Immediately following the injury, I had sever back, leg, and foot pain. After surgery I recovered from most of those issues, but nothing can be done to nerve damage that causes the bladder problem (incontinence). I would "think" most the time the docs can identify the cause of incontinence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm 

johnstone wrote:
I would "think" most the time the docs can identify the cause of incontinence.

Yes, note that you said MOST of the time.. i may be one of the few unlucky cases who leaks just because...
Isnt the purpose of the bathroom to facilitate one's elimination needs while keeping the person dry, and everything clean? If i can't do that without great difficulty and major dispruption, as some cases, really i do see little point in remaining toliet trained for urinary function. if the neurologist cant find anything, and we exhaust our optiions, i don't know what ill do.. but, i may just decide to give up urinary control. To me, bladder control is an all or nothing thing. I hate playing the guessing games..will i make it to the bathroom without getting my diaper wet? The way i see it, im in diapers eihter way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:22 am 

No one should be a slave to the bathroom, but I would think knowing the cause of the bladder problem is important. The problem may, or may not be treatable but unless the cause in known, it would be guess work by any doc as to how to treat the unknown cause. As I mentioned in my previous post, I think most the time the docs can find the cause of someone's incontinence. Maybe with some more tests the docs will find the cause of your problem.

Post subject: Could it be stress?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 am 

Mom suggested stress could be causing my problems. I have been under tremendous stress lately. I have an autism spectrum disorder, and daily life is sometimes quite a challenge. I worry often about what jobs i will be able to do in the future. Quite frankly, graduating from college kinda scares me. I said i want to be a social worker to help people, but i dont know if i can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:33 am 

From what I have read, stress incontinence is very common. Obviously, I'm no doc, but it sounds like this could be at the root of your bladder problem.