www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:40 am 

Well.. my aunt and I went to see the neurologist.. talked about all my symptoms, emphasizing the incontinece and what not. The final result was he said i may have neuropathy,and set up an EMG. He said this could explain the icontinence.. so a light at the end of the tunnel after all.. Motivation to keep moving forward.. Explanation may lead to treatment.. oh wouldn't that be wonderful.. keep you all updated!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Last edited by sociologygeek on Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:41 am 

Good luck!

I think the doc will tell you in a very nice way that if the meds don't work and there's nothing that can be done surgically, you will need to adjust your life style to use of whatever protection works best for you. Been there are done that. I wish you the best,..... but don't expect any magic.

Post subject: Nothing gained
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:50 am 

Yep John, thats what he said. Basically he said that we're running out of the easy stuff. He said the next step was invasive surgery. The periphial nerve stimlation, or interstim therapy. He said nothing wrong with urodynnamics. He dismissed the idea of prostatis. He didn't say i was making it up however.. He recommended i see a neurologist. I was thinking the same thing myself. I dont know what else to do. Living with it when diapers are free..or expensive surgery that has no guarantee of working... hmm..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:30 pm 

Wait a minute........

First, there are both state and federal health programs available that will pay for the surgery so who cares about the cost of surgery if your not paying for it and the surgery will fix the problem. Didn't your doc identify the cause of the problem ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 pm 

He didnt give me a specific cause. He said that urgency-frequency is so nebulous that its hard to say what exactly is causing it. They did urodynamics. He said there wasn't anything abnormal there. Cytoscopy found nothing. They didn't check the prostate. Basically he said either live with this, or do periphral nerve stimulation that we have to pay out of pocket for, 300 bucks a treatment. He also said tehre was inter stim. I don't know at what point to just say, "Stop, and let me just use diapers if thats what i have to do." He said next step was to see a neurologist to see if there is something thats going on. That's what we will have to do.

So, here i am. Doc said, either live with it, or face expensive stuff that may not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:55 pm 

OK, now I understand. I think seeing the neurologist makes sense. Maybe the neurologist will be able to pin point the problem. :)