www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:02 am 

Hello.
It was a while back that I posted that I was trying out Threaded Armor's protective briefs. I was happy enough with the one that I tried that I bought 4 more of them. They are on the expensive side, costing around 60 a pair. I say the comfort of the brief makes it worth it. These pull on just like regular underwear. The leg bands are lined with fleece and are super soft and comfortable. The inserts are very capable of absorbing heavy wettings especially when you combine the main insert with two or 3 step up inserts. I find them comfortable enough for every day use. They are not without their downsides however. Because it is a pullup, the waist tends to not stay pulled up all the time. the main inserts have an opeining in the front and back for the smaller booster inserts to slide into. But there is no closing on the opening. That can get annoying when you are trying to position things down there when you pull it up to your body. It tends to shift from being flat. I have remedied this by pinning the ends down with a diaper pin. Other than that, they are fairly comfortable. I'd say give them a try if your'e looking for a pullup that absorbs like a diaper but still closely resembles regular underwear. I think for me they will be most useful when im out and about, because they are easy to pull down to use the bathroom, much more so than other diapers I have worn, while not compromising on absorbency.
https://www.threadedarmor.com/product-c ... ollection/

Peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:07 pm 

Do you wear plastic pants over them? And finally... cloth in my size of the pull up variety!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:26 pm 

No, you do not Porkchop. If you perfer the underwear type fit to a diaper fit, you should try them.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:40 pm 

Right now I can't afford that option. Someday I will check it out

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm 

I have been looking towards the protective briefs from threaded armor, but the reviews a mixed about them, and yes they are definitely not cheap. I would hate dishing out 400$ only to learn the hard way that they don’t perform.
Anyone tried the basic briefs, the ones which are without padding.
Also are they quit, because when I watched some of the videos from threaded armor, there seems to be significant noise from the waterproof shell.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:52 pm 

Question for anyone who has tried these: how do you find the sizing and fit to be? Are they a full-rise (up to the belly button)? (I'm a 48-50" waist) Do the stretchy sides help keep them up even when wet? In general, it looks like a good concept for an underwear-style pull-up diaper that would be discreet for day wear under slacks, but I'm hesitant to spend the big money on a test pair without hearing about others' experiences with them.

I noticed that Threaded Armor is now offering a snap-size version that would allow them to be changed (like a diaper) without having to remove shoes or pants/shorts.

One of the problems I've seen with many underwear-like cloth products is that they try to make them too much like regular underwear (e.g.: operable fly on men's briefs, rise too low, narrow crotch), thus compromising their functionality for incontinence protection.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:29 pm 

MikePNW wrote:
Question for anyone who has tried these: how do you find the sizing and fit to be? Are they a full-rise (up to the belly button)? Do the stretchy sides help keep them up even when wet?

I've tried their pull-on ones but not the snap ones. I found the pull-on ones to fit much like normal underwear. Definitely not up to the belly button.
For me, they didn't hold enough urine that they would ever get so heavy for me to have any worries at all about them staying up. They fit very snug and they felt completely secure.
MikePNW wrote:
One of the problems I've seen with many underwear-like cloth products is that they try to make them too much like regular underwear (e.g.: operable fly on men's briefs, rise too low, narrow crotch), thus compromising their functionality for incontinence protection.

Hear, hear! I tried "wearever" underwear at one point. Even with their maximum absorbency option, they didn't form enough of a "pouch" shape to really keep anything contained. It was sort of like having a flat, rectangular sponge in my underwear. With a fly, like you said.
MikePNW wrote:
I noticed that Threaded Armor is now offering a snap-size version that would allow them to be changed (like a diaper) without having to remove shoes or pants/shorts.

Huh. This actually sounds interesting.
At the time I tried the pull-on style for work, I had the mindset that I was going to treat them like regular underpants, and try as hard as I could to get most of my urine into the toilet. When I succeeded, the pull-ons lasted all day. They were wet by the end of the day, but that was fine. Sometimes I didn't succeed. Some days I had urinated my whole bladder into my pants before 10 AM, and then because they were pull-ons, not snap sides, I was sort of stuck. There was no good way to change them, so I just had to keep pulling them down and back up every time I was going to urinate into the toilet, even though they were soaked. And of course that also meant that if I urinated in my pants a second time that day, I risked having them leak.
So that was enough to convince me that pull-on style may work fine for around the house, but it's no good for being out-and-about.
I hope if you give the snap-side version a try, that you let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:07 pm 

I have tried several styles & sizes of the Threaded Armor diapers. For me, they are not that great. They do not come up high enough- certainly not to my waist. Also, the larger size does come up higher, but it is then too loose in the waist to keep itself up once there is any fluid (weight) in there. Also, I found the snap-on waistline to be very uncomfortable as the front waist portion would dig into me when wearing my usual size of jeans. Also, I'm no fan of the synthetic (microfiber) absorbent layers because they squish out like a sponge when I sit down. Leaks then ensue...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:47 am 

bcca wrote:
Some days I had urinated my whole bladder into my pants before 10 AM, and then because they were pull-ons, not snap sides, I was sort of stuck. There was no good way to change them, so I just had to keep pulling them down and back up every time

I also use the protectiv briefs from time to time. There are three different models - with protectiv briefs, the inlay can be removed from the protective pants. That means - you do not have to take off the whole pants but only change the inlay. I have not tried the one with the snaps - but I see only a limited benefit - at least if you only suffer from urinary incontinence.

Basically, I also find that handling is difficult. Especially if you suffer from severe incontinence. The diapers realistically hold about 400ml. In addition, you have to change more often because otherwise ammonia is produced quickly. This means that you need a lot of inlays. For me, that was between 4 and 6 over the day. On the road, this is hardly feasible, because you not only have to have the reserve with you, but you also have to transport the used ones back home.

For me, the whole thing is a good backup system if a delivery of diapers comes late - but for daily use I find them because of the high washing effort not very practical.