www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 pm 
Admin

Wow, that is a TON of wicked side effects... :shock: I was going to talk to the doc about trying something, but as the cause of my issues is nerve damage, as Johnstone said, it will not help. I do not need those kind of side effects in my life, I have to be sharp at work, and really could do without dizzy spells and dry mouth, I don't drink enough fluids away from home as it is... I think I will just live with what I have, and be done with looking at medications... they all look like they cause more side effects then help with your bladder issues... Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 pm 

Quite true. In fact medicines often cause dry mouth and I found that means more drinking so didn't help the situation much at all. If you have good protection it is better to 'go with the flow'. if we are going to leak some anyway is it worth bothering trying these medicines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:49 am 

Well nearly a week gone now and my eyes are sure alot better plus not getting dizzy so they must have been responsible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm 
Admin

My doc is putting me on Sanctura because I have failed like 6 other meds. This med is like a last resort med. I'm hoping it works. But if it doesn't, I think I am going to quit looking for answers. I know what the problem is, the doctors just can't seem to fix it. I am just unable to find a solution. So far the best solution I can come up with that has no side effects is to wear diapers. They cause no pain or discomfort and they allow me to live my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 pm 
Admin

Hi Don, sometimes the most complicated problems have the most simple answers... it is just hard for someone that has never had ANY incon issues to understand it at all... but it works and is effective at giving you your life back, although with a few hitches, but nothing that is not workable with the right attitude! :) Puffy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:55 am 

i'm currently taking vesicare. I've only been on it 9 days. I've seen a little improvement but am far from dry. The first 5 days i was though! I do intermittent self catheterisation too. I'm hoping the fact i retain will go in my favour since the meds will increase that.

I'm not under any false illusions this will make everything better. Providing there's not a huge amount of side effects (only a bit of dry mouth so far) then i'll stay on it if i can get down to small pads...maybe even diapers on long journeys.

We'll see what happens i guess. This has been food for thought though. I've been thinking quite a lot recently about how far i might be willing to go to be out of diapers. It's changing a lot as i've come to accept stuff a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 am 

i'm currently taking vesicare. I've only been on it 9 days. I've seen a little improvement but am far from dry. The first 5 days i was though! I do intermittent self catheterisation too. I'm hoping the fact i retain will go in my favour since the meds will increase that.

I'm not under any false illusions this will make everything better. Providing there's not a huge amount of side effects (only a bit of dry mouth so far) then i'll stay on it if i can get down to small pads...maybe even diapers on long journeys.

We'll see what happens i guess. This has been food for thought though. I've been thinking quite a lot recently about how far i might be willing to go to be out of diapers. It's changing a lot as i've come to accept stuff a bit more.