www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:13 pm 

Hi rob
I'm jumping in here late and have not been keeping up with this thread. But my thought is rather then using those middle of the road (at best) diapers. Have you tried using some of the higher end ones? I'm not saying to jump into some super thick diaper. Because you don't sound like you need that. But you may want to look at Molicare classics or maybe the supers Also Abri-form makes some other types besides the "Super X Plus" that they are so famous for. I've worn there supers many a time and have found them to be a very good diaper there about 1/2 the thickness of the super x plus. Another good one is the Secure Plus diaper. Tranquility makes a good product as well. Another lower priced diaper that often gets over looked is the Prevail or first quality "Full Mat" diaper.
Just a thought.............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:30 pm 

Hi Sandy!

Thanks for the input.. reason why i using wings supreme is that is what i can get through Medicaid. With my limited income, i can't very well afford to spend money for the higher end diapers. I can get all my diapers free of charge through medicaid if i use a diaper that J&B medical has.. you're right in that id be better off with an abena super.. i considered that.. but again..its a question of economics.. when it comes to price..you can't beat free..

We discussed before using briefs as a cost saving option..now, i simply use briefs because i find them more relaible and comfortale to use than any other type of product... ive been using depend briefs regularly and exclusively for the better part of the past 2 months.. though i still use the toilet often.. ive only had a brief leak on me one time.. that was with a particuarly heavy void..theyre usually not that heavy..

The diapers i chose to use through medicaid are good for moderate to heavy absobency..that really may be all i need.. plus theyre sending boosters,l iners ,plastic pants, barrier creams, wipes and gloves.. this system should be more than adequate..and its FREE! better yet, i dont have to be seen buying these in public anymore..which is awesome.. thats perhaps the worst part of using incontnence supplies..having to go to the store to buy them.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:33 pm 

Well you got me there free is hard to beat :shock: . But then at the same time a good quality diaper is also hard to beat :D (if you can afford it)

I've been blessed with the ability to be able to afford it. But then I get most of my Diapers off Ebay. which if you keep a watch on it you can get some screaming deals :!: Not everyday but if you have the time to browse through the incontinence section every few days it can pay off. Just recently I got a case of Molicare Supers for $34.00 shipping included also a case of Molicare classics for 29,00 shipping included. Granted for my needs the classics are a little lacking but are OK when close to home.

.......................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:25 am 

Rob,

I didn't know you were buying your diapers at the local store. If you ever need to buy these items again, I would recommend buying them online. Better selection, plus price. There are some GREAT discounts when buying online, plus........no one watching what your buying with those incon items in a shopping cart at the store. Been there and done that before myself.

Sandy mentioned the names of some very good diapers. The one thing I never liked about the Molicare brand was the tapes. The diaper itself is very good, but the tapes stick too good, and are not easy to undo once they have been used. Additionally, I think they sag when wet more than other good brands of briefs. It could be me, and for resaons mentioned, I like Abri X-Plus, and the Secure X-Plus is also very good. The tapes on these diapers are as good as the diaper and I don't feel in saging in either type.

I still don't think you will need the plastic pants Rob, but if it makes you feel more secure that you will not leak then you should use them. I used them when I used the cloth kind at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:05 pm 

im in a bit of a bind here.. i have 4 depend briefs left.. and 10 guards left.. i dont have enough money to spend on another package.. and my parents insist i use up the guards, despite my telling them they are not adequate for the heavier leakage.. theyre ok for the stress incontiennce episodes..but not urge incontinence.. ugh.. i do have a few underpads.. and right now im wearing a tena thats one size too big and its a bit wet..it may be a while before i can get my first shipent.. HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:07 pm 

what i mean to say is.. my parents wont let my buy briefs until i use up the guards i have..heh..i stopped using those for primary protection a LONG time ago.. they just dont get it..i suppose one could make em incon and then give em a guard and tell em to manage..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:24 am 

I don't understand. I thought you said you received some briefs to try out from the insurance co.? Call the nurse and ask to send more ASAP.

I get my shippment once a month and they should arrive either Monday, or Tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:14 am 

I did get samples.. but they were SAMPles.. none of the attends 8 were not usable.. had the tape tabs stuck i would have used em.. attends breathable.. i could have used, but didnt.. mainly becaue i rippped the tabs off one.. and got the other one wet to test the absorbency.. not to actually use it... i suppose i should have used them for protection eh? not that it would have mattered..I did use that tena..even though it was too big.. thankfully..i have not had any really heavy episodes.. i have 3 fresh briefs now.. and plenty of boosters..and plenty of guards.. looks like ill have to save the briefs for when im out of the house.. have any of u used an underpad for a diaper in desparate times? does it work ok with masking tape?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:33 am 

Rob,

I have never used an underpad for a diaper before. Guess it would work if you really needed to use one if you were out of diapers. I wore the cloth kind and plastic pants for a while at night and I still have those if I ever run out of disposable diapers. I really don't think I would try a underpad unless I was really desperate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:47 pm 

Its all good.. i made it thru sunday with no leakage episodes.. and today i bought a bag.. the agreement was to make it thru sunday with the pads i have.. my incontinence is variable it seems..some days, no wet diapers at alll..but probably frequent trips to the bathroom.. or not enough fluid intake.. but.. nary a day has gone by where i have not wet at least one diaper at least a little bit.. and, i cant afford to stop wearing until theres no wet diapers ever.. which has yet to happen.. or..it may happen, but im running to the bathroom every hour,or i drop what im doing to go pee..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next