www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:21 am 

John,

You are absolutely right about that.. im pretty sure my bladder control problem has gone from light to worse.. yeah..im wettin diapers, pretty heavily.. as far as accepting the fact that i wear diapers.. it really doesnt bother me anymore.. ive gotten used to it.. so used to it in fact i feel weird if im not wearing a diaper.. Will i get out of diapers? I don't know.. if the meds dont work, probably not..and thats A-OK.. I will never go back to wearing underwear until i know for sure i would never get wet..

And about the fluid intake.. i hear ya.. its not on purpose that i do that..ppl have always told me i need to drink more fluids :P

To me, diapers are nothing more than my form of underwear, and a very useful tool in managing my problem.. and they probably aren't temporary. But that's ok..im getting em free.. and the first shipment should be here today.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 am 

johnstone wrote:
Go with whatever works best you, but DON'T let the problem overrun your life and keep you from doing things and going places.

I solemley promise i will do whatever i have to to not let my incontinence interfere with my life. You are right about this.

As far as the med, maybe i do need an adjustment in the dosage.. but.. if it doesn't get me out of diapers, i see little point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:33 pm 

Rob,

I guess we have been making posts on this website for a few weeks now, and I can see you've changed your thoughts.....at least to a certain extent. To me, incontinence is not an easy subject to talk about to others because there are soooo many different variables and there are some things that people who are incontinent don't like to talk about. I think most people who are incontinent go through the same difficulties over time. Its how we deal with it that makes a difference. Those that don't deal with it well are letting the problem manage them and these are the people you hear about that stay inside their home and never get out and live life. Beyond the obvious, I really don't care about wearing a diaper .......at least not like I was in the beginning when I first became incontinent. I'm a little wet now and will be soaked and dirty before I change and that's OK with me. Like you, there is a good reason why I'm sent diapers every month.......to use them and not let the problem manage me,... and I do exactly that..... and don't use the bathroom much :) (almost never) as it really doesn't make a lot of difference in my situation. I feel as good as you can feel about being incontinent and stay very active. I will never be one of these people you read about that stays in their home stressed out about the problem. Not me, I have too many other things to think about and do. I've accepted it for what it is and have moved on with life. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm 

hey john,

Hate to say this..but me thinks u may have been right about the wings supreme.. I dont mean i hate to admit ur right..I'm just disappointed in the results so far.. i got them today.. i dont know if im doing something wrong when i go to put one on..but almost every diaper ive tried on..the tape pops.. at first i thought it was because i got rash cream on the tapes..but.. i wore gloves when i put on the rash cream.. and i still had tape popping.
I dont remember having tape popping when i had the samples..

Does the technique of putting on a diaper vary from brand to brand? How can i make these work? I think i might get something else for next month, but in the meantime i have to make do with these. This is why i requested the plastic pants..in case a tape pops..i have an extra insurance factor against wetting.. if this continues..i see little advantage of wings supreme over attends breathable.. yes,, i may have tapes ripping with attends breathable..but at least i know the tapes won't pop.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.. I DO NOT want to shell out another 15 bucks for a bag of depend..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:59 pm 

Rob,

What can I say..... The best thing you can do now is use a roll of some strong tape. I'm not sure what its called, but NOT masking tape, or duck tape. Use the kind that you would use for mailing packages. I have some I used in the past for mailing packages and also found it was good for popping tape problems with diapers. Been there and done that many of times before myself. Just get a roll of this kind of tape and use one piece of tape over each of the dapers tapes tabs. Tape tabs on a diaper are very important. A good quality diaper is almost worthless with poor quality tape tabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 pm 

yeah.. its ok.. ill be just fine.. it may be i'm not putting it on right.. i suspect that the ideal taping techinque for every brief differs. perhaps im taping too tight.. the diaper I'm wearing right now the tape tabs on the right side are holding well.. the left ones needed a wee bit of packing tape. its a good thing they sent extras.. they did send 13 bags of 12..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:19 am 

i think i figured out the secret.. if i make sure the waistbands are taught.. i wont have tape popping.. i think that was my problem.. the brief im wearing now seems to be ok.. but ther is one tape popping..probably because i undid it too much..
anyway..i think i will be fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6