www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:05 pm 

great news.. i found a steal on incontiennce supplies.. i happened to walk into arfrstoms.. and was talkin to a sales rep about my situation and how pullups are too expensive..and he pointed out a package of slip on undergarments.. 16 of em for 5.99..thats way less than what walgreens charges for theirs..i happen to like slip ons..so i cleared em out..3 packages of 16 each..plus.. i just happen to come across a guy offering me money for a humanities text book..30 bucks! thats 30 bucks i didnt have before! so i said yeah cool! went back to the same medical store and bought 2 packages for belted undergarments for 7.99 each..a whole 2 bucks cheaper than what walmart sells em for..so i got me enough undergarments to last quite a while..

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 am 

Yep it pays to shop around!..................Sandy :)

Post subject: Baby cloth diapers?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:03 pm 

Hey.. im still looking on ways to save a buck or two on my stuff.. i saw some gerber baby cloth diapers prefold for 12 bucks at walmart..a pack of 12.. on daily strength.org a friend recommended i try baby diapers for protection..they may be more cost effective.. well, if i can utilize baby cloth diapers.. that would be even more cost effective.. obviously.. i would need waterproof backing...any ideas on this.. is this a possible solution? if so..it would save me a bundle! I'd just use it for a number hours around the house and then wear my regular undergarment during the day
any ideas would be appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm 

oh..and id be using these as inserts..NOT actual diapers lol i know im way to big to wear a baby cloth diaper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 am 

I use Gerber Cloth baby diapers as boosters in my diapers. There not the prefolds but more the conventional rectangular diaper. They work great last along time and are cheap ...............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:24 pm 

Is it safe to assume that name brand undergarments are better quality and more comfortable than store brand? i know that is true of briefs..but is the same true for belted-style undergarments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 pm 

Looks like i have to eat my words here..from the voiding diary..it seems i do have urinary frequencey.. and urgency.. the doc was on to something..but detrol obviously doesn't solve the probelm.. im sorry about what i said about the doc.. hes a good Doc.. im glad he decided not to put me on more pills..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:15 pm 

I can't say enough about staying up beat. Our mental attitude has a lot do do with how we adjust to the problem. I know, and understand there are many different types of incontinence and some people can adjust easier than others. Finding the right type of product, and meds are also important but meds don't work for everone. Also, talking to other people who have the same problem is a real help for everyone involved. Be yourself and don't let the bladder problem hold you back from doing anything, or going places. Move forward and be happy. :D There are plenty of people here who can provide all kinds of advise on incontinence.