www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:54 pm 

Rob,
That's one thing I can never understand. Why do pull-up diapers cost more than tape on diapers? Maybe there is a bigger market for pull-ups and the mark up is more.
Anyways, You're going to be over protected with the full brief type diapers, but it will save you money. If you shop on e-bay like Sandy does, you can save a bundle. She has found some fantastic deals on e-bay. She could probably give you some tips.
If you're only 25 years old, most likely it's not prostate problems. I wouldn't 100% rule that out, though.
Any more questions or comments, let us know. Good luck!! ....Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:03 pm 

I think your Right about demand and price Paul :roll: But as far as being over protected with a brief I really don't think there is much difference between the pullups and the cheap store brands briefs like Walgreen's or even the Assurance brand at walmart.

I say this because My friend Tammy uses the pullups and the cheap store brand tape on briefs. She says the protection is about the same. But the tape on brief is much easier to change away from home in say a public restrooms :D .

....................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 pm 

Question: if a person didn't have OAB. and took detrol.. what would happen? i think it would make it so i couldn't tell the bladder was full..because today i had what looked like a pretty full bladder..but i had no urgency to empty at all! this could lead to reflex incontinence.. oh gosh! imagine what would have happened if i kept taking it? i may loose all control! or even worse.. may not be able to urinate at all..
this scares me!

im gonna talk to the doctor tomorrow

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:19 pm 

Maybe a better thing to do would be to stay away from the doctor :shock:

Just a thought..............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:27 pm 

If you think about it? What's in it for a doctor if you decide to manage your incontinence with diapers. If they keep dumping pills into you you keep having problems and keep coming back. What more could a Doctor ask for :?:$ :?:$ :?:

But then they wouldn't do that would they? :x

Look on the bright side with medication if one causes a problem they always have another med to counter act that one :!:

..................Sandy :)

Post subject: Briefs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:10 am 

Well.. it seems that the only way using a brief for protection would be practical is if it had a waistband.. i don't want to be using them as a urinal.. because i still mostly have control..and want to keep it thank you very much.

depend briefs immediately come to mind.. problem is they are noisy.. but..they have a waistband and 3 tapes. and they are more expensive than the stopre brands..

Tomorrow..im gonna go shopping in the incontinnce aisle of every store in town (i might look odd..but what the hell! If people want to think i have a diaper fetish..let em!) Gonna find the best prices.. the best protection for the least money...

all for now

rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:15 am 

I"d recommend Ebay There is a much better selection and you don't have to leave your home :D

..................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 am 

Rob,
My wife has an over active bladder and she takes the Detrol. So far no side effects and she says it does help. (I think she still makes a lot of trips to the bathroom though.) She's been on this drug for about a year now.
One drug I take on occasion is DDVAP. It's available in a generic form now. The way I use it is for days I want to wet less and go longer between changes. The only drawback is I don't take it that night and the bladder will let loose all the urine held back. I'll do two changes that night after taking the pill. It helps while on vacation. My wife and I went to Alaska 3 weeks ago. We took a 9 hour train ride, and it helped a lot on that trip.
Roger, Sandy has some good advise about looking on e-bay. A lot of different brands at a pretty cheap price. Good Luck! ........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:23 pm 

Question..is it necessary to keep absorbent products in their original pacakges? i usually take them out of the packages to make it easier to get them out..but dad told me it was more sanitary to keep em in the package..right now i have them all in brown paper bags..is that all right?

Post subject: open or not
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:58 pm 

Hi Socio. and all I take mine out of package and store on shelve they havn't been touched,also you said the increased your fluid intake which is good but for me I don't take chances anymore and use protection.