www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 am 

Hi all,

As many of you know, I have been off and on working to help those who are incontient and in need get the best possible diapers. At first, I was fairly optimistic about the success of my efforts since there is such a need. But I quickly realized that it is necessary to deny some people who ask for help. My original criteria was anyone who is incontinent and low income, or a caregiver of the same, or special needs or a caregiver of the same and incontinent. In the case of special needs, income is not counted at all since having a child with special needs or being an adult with special needs incurs so many other costs. It occurs to me that unless i rely on donated inventory I will be needing to raise tens of thousands of dollars. To supply 100 recipeints with a year's supply of abena assuming they use 3 a day would cost well over 100,000 dollars. Clearly, I need to sent limits on who can receive diapers and how often. I am working on a survey on surveymonkey.com and i would like everyone here if possible to participate. This will give me a good idea where the need lies the most.

Also, I would like input on who would be eligible to receive diapers/pullups/pads. I realized that incontinence itself is a poverty causing disability because of the enormous cost of products. I was thinking that anyone with a total monthy expense of incontinence that equals 7% or more of their monthly income, is working fulltime, and is single with no family to support and does NOT have any other disability be given enough diapers to drop their expense to 3% of their monthly income. I think that 2 or 3 percent of monthly income is the average for single incontinent indivduals to spend on products, correct me If im wrong. IF possible, could some of you PM me with an insight of your financial situation and how you are faring with buying your products? Just so i can get an idea of who would struggle the most on what income getting what they need. All financial information would be kept in STRICT confidence.

One more thing: I need to raise 3000 (850 for IRS filing, 2250 for consulting fees)in order to be established as a 501(c)3. The shirt campaign didnt do well at all. I do have a means of raisng funds though. It is called shoe fundrasing and this is how it works. www.funds2orgs.com parters with everyone under the sun to collect new used and gently worn shoes, and pay 90 cents a pound for shoes. 100 bags of shoes raises 1000 dollars. The problem I am having with is finding a way to connect shoes to diapers. Anyone has any ideas for catchy shoe drive slogans, let me knoeIF anyone on this board would be willing and interested to do a shoe drive in their area to help my efforts I would be grateful. Again, I'm not asking for a dime, and you dont ask people for money at all. Just their shoes! The average American has 15 pairs of shoes in their closet. Some which they dont need. But in countries like Haiti, shoes literally mean the difference between life and death. They are the primary currency for the bartering system. A woman traded a pair of Nikes for goatsmilk for her infant. Without that goatsmilk the baby would have died.

I really would appreciate any and all insight and input you folks have.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II