www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 am 

Sandy, I was rereading some of the old posts and came across your comment on you wearing Rhumba pants over your diaper and your husbands' response. Reminded me of when I first met my (late) wife. I found out she loved tennis and I invited her to play at the local courts. When I picked her up she was wearing a very short light pink tennis dress. As we were leaving her house she bent over to grab her tennis bag and the sight of her Rhumba tennis panties had the same affect on me as it does on your husband. When we played doubles against friends and she was at the net and bending over to prepare for the serve I was totaly distracted - cost us more than a few points! Thanks for the memory! And the smile! Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 pm 

:lol: Papa do you have a little dirty old man in you :lol: You guys what is it about rumba pants. Anytime I want well you no a T-Shirt and some rumba pants a stroll around the house it often doesn't take long and :P :shock: :D

.........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:56 am 

Sandy, It was more the dirty young man - we were 20 at the time - and it was 2 years, and a war, later - after we got maried, before she was walking around in a tee and Rhumbas - wait a minute - who were the ones with the devilish thoughts? Could it have been you "sweet" and "innocent" girls? Hmmmm! Papa[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:57 am 

OK you two! Better settle down! We are all going to get into trouble if this continues.
Anyways, I think when we were all real young, rhumba pants were the going thing for little girls. They just looked cute! Guys just like those innocent things I reckon. Just my thoughts........Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 pm 

Ya Well you know papa we might be presenting it but you guys are the ones that are running with it :lol: But seriously I think the original intent for rumba pants was to hide ones behind as to take the shape away from it. so if a women was dressed in away that would chance a peak at a her behind it would be well covered and there would be nothing to see. Hence back 50 plus years ago it was much more scandals to have ones behind show then today. So I guess the intent of Rumbas has sorta backfired.
Today the women at the beach with G strings :shock: or have writing on their pants across there behinds. Call me old fashion but I believe the proper way for a women to dress in public is to dress in away that puts the emphasize on her face not her chest or her behind.
I'm not saying she has to go and wear full length dresses and look like she stepped out of the 1800's. But for myself it's often loose fit jeans (of course) loose t-shirts flannels sweat shirts etc. for me it has always been a challenge to properly cover my chest I was blesses or cursed with a D cup :roll: When I was younger I use to hate it when a guy would first have to look at my chest then my face :x I use to feel so self conscious :oops: . What really drove me nuts was I was wearing a loose fit shirt to try to hid myself and I still showed :roll: Well one nice thing when we start to get older things don't stand out as much :wink: .....I'll stop sorry I'm starting to ramble :roll:

.........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:47 am 

Sandy, when we first met it was the 60s. Short was very short and at first in a very innocent way and the Rhumba's went along with that. Yes some men look at a girls chest first and some at legs,waist, whatever - but not all of us. Women tend to worry too much about their body shape - you were a D and felt guys looked there first, Karen was an A (or maybe an a) and felt the same way. For me what i noticed first was her beautiful Blue eyes. Her chest, or lack of one, never entered into it - she was the most beautiful woman I ever met, even when the cancer and chemo robbed her of her vitality and hair. Lucky for me she realized that in my eyes hair or no hair, boobs or no boobs, she was always that young beautiful girl I met on a warm summer night. I miss her terribly. Now I am rambling. I doubt your husband would find you any less attractive iif cancer removed your chest. When we find the one we love - looks are irrelivant. Bet the same is for you. Thanks again - Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:08 am 

I'm sorry not all man had to look low but it would seem most. The first time I was introduced to my husband he looked straight into my eyes and I him. It was magic I can still see those eyes even now like the first time was yesterday. I knew he was going to be my husband before I was ever introduced. I remember being at a church gathering sitting with some of my girl friends across the room and watching him play pool with a few other men. I still remember one of my best friends saying Sandy shake your head your eyes are stuck!! I said to her I'm watching my husband She said WHAT :shock: :?: I said calmly again I'm watching my husband. YOUR HUSBAND WHO :!: The tall one with the broad shoulders. HIM!! What are you talking about!! I said the lord says he is going to be my husband. She started laughing how do you know this :?: I said I know that I know it will be so the lord told me so. (didn't mean to make that rime)
Sure at first when I thought about it before that time. I knew I was being guided towards him. I remember thinking how is a big very tall well built handsome guy like that going to except me. A girl that has issues with incontinence leaks during the day floods at night. How can this be? That guy could have his pick of any woman in the place why me :?: The lord took me to a story about Thomas and how he was doubtful of the lord. I said so what your saying is I'm a "doubtful Thomas" he said bingo :idea: I decided that if you are guiding me this way it must be right. Well here it is now close to around 20 years later and I still have this man. I remember on my wedding day telling that girl friend of mine Remember sometime back at that church get together when I said He was my husband. She just shook her head :D ....................Ramblings by Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:31 am 

Sandy, Funny how we meet the ones we love. I got a call on a warm late summers' night from a cousin and his girlfriend to go meet her best friend. I said "No thank you" My cousins gf was a "B" and i wanted noting to do with any friend of hers. They called her too and she pretty much said the same thing - no thank you. Then they called again - still I refused. Then they called a third time - I said OK but I would go as I was - a bit rumpled. They called her and told her I was coming with them - she said OK but wasn't changing either.
When I walked in the door of her parents house I immediately said to my self - I should have changed. After a night of just sitting around at her house we left - stopping on the other side of the screen door to talk. When I got into the waiting car my cousins gf -without turning towards me in the back seat - asked what I thought of her? I said I liked her and thought I would ask her out. She immediately spun in her seat looked me in the eyes and said "She will never go out with you, you are complete opposites!" I was stunned that anyone would introduce two people who they thought would clash. The next night we went back again and (Wow were we dressed different) and again at the screen door I asked her out on a date. She instantly said yes, we were together 30 magical years before I had to reach out and close her beautiful blue eyes for the last time.
We were opposites - but in a very good way. The couple who introduced us by the way have 5 marriages between them.

Post subject: AB/DL Influence
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:05 am 

Although I cannot be sure, I think that the interests of the AB/DL community have helped lead to the improvement and availability of incontinence products, especially online. I know what was available 20 years ago and how much better it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 am 

I've been incontinent since 1986, and can remember buying Attends by the case via mail order at Sears. Back in the mid to late 80's, I only bought my incontinence products at either Sears, or a local medical supply company. If I recall correctly, it was in the late 80's, or early 90"s that I purchased my first PC which was a 486. I thought I was buying a state of the art PC that would last for years before it bacame obsolete. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think it must have been in the mid 90's before I made my purchase of diapers online. I remember following my back injury, I used cloth at night and Attends during the day for a long time. I can remember trying out a few different brands of disposable diapers back then, but I seem to recall Attends were the best on the market for a long time back in the late 80's. However, the number of manufactures manufacturing adult disposable diapers back then was very limmited.

I can't say for sure, but I think incontinence over the years has gained far more public awareness. I don't recall any type of TV advertising for incontinence meds, or products back in the 80's. I feel public awareness and product demand has brought incontinence to the forefront. Just my thoughts......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next