www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does this make sense?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:48 am 

I've been incontinent and in diapers pretty much full time now for over 8 years. During my work week, I get up early,real early to some, to swim at my local YMCA @ 5:00AM. When I get up in the morning and change out of my wet diaper to shower, I have been going diaperless to the gym. I have a 30 to 45 minute window before I get to the Y. I make sure my bladder is empty best I can when I leave and for years have had no problem staying dry for that short period of time. I had a few little accidents a few weeks ago. Just a very small wet spot on my pants. My wife has always urged me to wear something just in case. I put a "pull-up" on just after this. After a few days when I get to the Y, I've noticed the diaper is wet. Not just as little wet, but wet enough that if I didn't have the diaper on I would have a big wet spot on my pants. Now, every morning my diaper is wet. Why has my bladder started doing this? It's like my mind knows I have the protection of a diaper on, and it tells my bladder to let loose. I use to have ever so little control in the morning. Now it looks like I have none!
Has anyone out there had a similar problem? Does the mind have this kind of control? Thanks for hearing me out............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:36 am 

Hi Paul
I'd be happy to have that much control myself. I wouldn't dare step out of the house without protection even for a short time. I don't even like going around the house without protection for a short time.......Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:06 pm 

I agree with Sandy, I would love to be able to go around the house without diapers on.
I went on a trip to the Caribean a few months ago. I had bought a swim diaper but my GF realized how awkward this was and since we were only 30' from the beach and maybe 100' from the water she said "Just throw on your suit and go right into the water." I did and had a wet spot on my suit before i got to the water. Thank God no one we had met tried to stop me to say hi. BUT, the feeling of swiming and not being in diapers for a few hours (I hated to get out of the water - i use to scuba dive and loved snorkeling) WAS OUTSTANDING! On the down side it reminded me of what it was like to be "normal" again. As far as your wetting more and more - see your doctor. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:05 pm 

Hi ALL I have some control of my urine but sometimes have accidents when no protection is on,wet spots will appear which will deflate one's self assurance.I guess we all go throught this just can't hold it back.Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:32 am 

Hi, Paul. Yes, I too have experienced less control when I have a diaper on. I think you are right, the mind does some strange things. I've always thought it was because my mind KNEW that I was wearing a diaper so it was okay to tell the bladder to let go. I know of no medical reasons for this happening (other than the incontinence itself). There are times I'll be getting ready to leave the house, fresh dry diaper put on so I'm safe, but I find I've already wet before I made it out of the house. "Maybe" I wouldn't have wet if I didnt' have my diaper on, but at this stage, I take no chances. If my mind is playing tricks on me, who is to say that it won't do it if I DON'T have a diaper on?? Better to be protected and not wet than not be protected and take that chance.
When I used to go to the Y to swim, I was always embarassed to be seen in a diaper, so I'd try to make my trip without a diaper. And it was always stressful, worrying about an accident. Then I noticed 2 different men in the locker room, on consecutive days, with no shame about wearing diapers. One had on an undergarment, the other had on a full disposable brief. This gave me enough encouragement to not be ashamed about wearing diapers to the gym, so from then on I wore my diapers to my workout. In the subsequent years, not one person ever said anything about it. And I've since noticed on many ocassions different men wearing diapers, unashamedly. I think most guys in a locker room would rather see you walking around in a diaper than walking around without one and having an accident!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:46 am 

Hey Marcus!
Thanks for the reply. So I'm not crazy after all! Your situation sounds alot like mine. I to swim at my local Y, and we lost our changing stall after a renovation. I must now put my diaper on in the H.C. toilet stall. I do have my shirt on, but you can still see my diapered bottom. I don't care. I had 4 other guys in the locker room with me this morning. No says anything and I believe they don't care.
I still wear a pull-up while going to the Y, and almost every morning, my diaper is wet. I'll just keep on wearing it.
Thanks for the reply post. Marcus! ...............Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:42 pm 

Hi all yes Paul I have noticed when I do have a diaper on seem to wet more was really concerned about it thinking my mind was playing games.As before stated sometimes can go without a diaper but is really taking a chance whenI have had fluids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:48 pm 

Hi all yes Paul I have noticed when I do have a diaper on seem to wet more was really concerned about it thinking my mind was playing games.As before stated sometimes can go without a diaper but is really taking a chance whenI have had fluids.