www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First PT visit/session
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 am 

Well, i had my first PT visit today.. and we spent a good while chatting about whats been going on, she showed me models of the urinary tract, and explained the process of biofeedback...mostly a refresher from before.. she did an exam of the rectal area, both internal and external, with electrodes.. gauging my ability to contract my plevic floor. She mentioned that this biofeedback will be more comprehensive than excersizes..she will also look at diet, as well as fluid intake.. and she will have me do a bladder diary.. somehow i saw that coming. I did ask her whether just using the pad at work would be detrimental to control, she said it is less than desirable.. well, ill see what I can do..but sometimes, that just might have to be the reality, although i did make an effort twice today to urinate in the toilet, not counting the time i changed and had a BM.. yeah, i wasnt expecting to change the confi dry an extended wear brief after only 2 hours of wear, but, i had to use the bathroom.. and due to tapes not exactly holding.. i used masking tape.. thus..in order to take it down.. i had to take it off.. it seems the ideal thing is to find a product that holds quite a bit...but is still easy to remove for toileting.. and i don't need to take off my pants and shoes to change. Maybe the abri wing or the tena flex...i have worn the abri wing air plus... and i do remember liking them, the one downside is occasionally the velcro scratches me. Has anyone worn the abri wing? i realize there isnt side panels sotheres no side prodection..but that shouldnt be an issue at work since 90% of the time ill be standing...

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am 

sociologygeek,

The only diapers whose tapes never have failed me are those with plastic front taping panels - Tena Slip Maxi, Wellness Superio Signature. Also, these diapers permit repeated re-taping which seems to meet your current requirements.

For those pesky times that tapes on other diapers fail, my "go" kit has a small piece of dowel with enough duct tape wrapped around it to fix to tapes or a big tear. I have found that masking tape, when damp from perspiration, sometimes comes undone.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
...i have worn the abri wing air plus... and i do remember liking them, the one downside is occasionally the velcro scratches me. Has anyone worn the abri wing? i realize there isn't side panels so there's no side protection..but that shouldn't be an issue at work since 90% of the time ill be standing...

I've used them before, and while they can be handy, the velcro halves must be mated very precisely or I get scratched up. They would work so much better if they flipped the hooks around so that the scratchy part was facing away from my skin... Diaper engineers should be forced to wear their designs, so that such issues never make it into production.