www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:18 pm 

In some ways, what is even worse than a chronic incontinence problem that is more or less predictable, is one where it sneaks up on you.. like I have. I have yet to pin down a pattern or rhyme or reason why I have days of increased epoisodes vs no or fewer. All this month and most of last month I was basically episode free or fewer episodes at work and at home. Almost all of my diapers were dry and I changed them just for hygine sake/padding breakdown. And then all of a sudden.. today.. WHAM! I have 2 wet diapers at work.. and I just peeed on my bed after I woke up from a nap without a diaper on.. looks like my days of being able to go diaperless without cnsdquence are over. Looks like my
"pee cycle" is shifting back to control of an infant again. All I did differently was have a cup of coffee and a cup of hot chocolate. But whoy would just having 2 extra caffine drinks trigger multiple episodes? I am definetly thinking about trying the Botox. It that doesnt work and the interstim doesnt work.. im stuck in diapers forever.. and I will never know when things will get bad. UGH!

Hoping you have better dryer days than I am!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:19 am 

Good luck with your Botox decision. One aspect of Botox injections is that they cause permanent incontinence until they wear off, which does give you training in what you must do to manage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:26 am 

Patrick,

The Botox will not be injected into the sphincter. Rather it will be injected into my detrusor muscle. Up until now I was leaning against it because my bladder seems to be underactive, and so would lead to retention. But the PA assured me that the amount she uses would not cause retention. I will talk to her about my concerns and see what she says.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II