www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 2:12 pm 

So.. I tried a new combo.. one that seems bold, risky and out of the box all at the same time.
I have coming to me 3 Incontrol Overnight fitted diapers. By themselves, they avertised high capacity but I knew from expereince I would want to add absorbency. The trick was doing so without compromising the stay dry liner. Then I realized I could add my AIO cloth diaper from ADC as both a second diaper layer plus waterproof shell. I wore them both togetheer they held great, combined they held the requisite 16 oz flood with only minor press out/residue and fit comforably. So, here we go into uncharted territory. Hopefuly the risk is worth the reward.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm 

I hope this works for you Rob. Let us know how this works over time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:08 pm 

What the hell... tonight is the night. Start out with a fitted.. and will change into a incontrol fitted and a ADC AIO diaper. Just to be sure, I'm throwing an ecoable prefold and insert inbetween and a protec brief on top.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:29 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
What the hell... tonight is the night. Start out with a fitted.. and will change into a incontrol fitted and a ADC AIO diaper. Just to be sure, I'm throwing an ecoable prefold and insert inbetween and a protec brief on top.

Peace out!

Rob

Nope.. ran out of time don't have wetbags disposables on the butt tonight.. saving cloth for another night :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:12 pm 

Welp.. let this be a lesson for y'all. Never plan to implement a new diaper combo in public without first putting it on in private under your pants you are planning to wear to see how it actually fits. The only thing I looked at was how much the combo held fluid wise. I did not check to see how bulky or poofy this setup would be under jeans. the diapers themselves stuffed a wetbag so full that i barely got it into my locker. That shoulda been a red flag.. Anyway.. I have a fairly wet fitted diaper on at work. No problem, I have spares to change into and I have a 30 minute lunch. I walk to my locker get my wetbag and get out the dry incontrol fitted, ACD's AIO and a prefold and then a protec cover. I get all that on in a few minutes and.. it's comfortable, sure, but .. I LOOK LIKE THE FRIGGIN Pillsbury Doughboy in my crotch area! Or the Stay Puft Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters. WAY too poofy. I dont mind some bulk, because thats inevitable wtih cloth diapers, but I was really bulky.. i couldnt even close my legs.. Um.. no. SO I will find alternative uses for the 3 AIO ADC diapers I just bought. Its actually not bad. Its a decent diaper. I have it on right now, and its had a few wettings. I dont feel uncofortable. I dont think it would stand up to a 16 oz flood nor would I wear it to work alone but around the house as a midrange diaper, its fine. If anyone is looking for a cloth diaper that they can put on in a snap, dont need too much absorbency but need a just in case diaper.. you will find these useful. The incontrol fitted diapers are also a decent diaper. It's just that for very large voids they need to be accompanied by a booster of some sort orthewise they will leak. But smaller voids they handle like a champ.. the diaper advertises up to 6 cups of fluid. I would say that usuable capacity is probably half that.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:57 am 

As a fellow cloth user, I think you report is very useful. Cloth pays for itself many times over at night, when, without it, or with inadequate absorbency, I would be up multiple times to manage leakage. Cloth gives me a good night's sleep, even with bladder spasms.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:53 am 

@sociologygeek

Have you tried the Incontrol fitted diaper overnight? I am thinking about switching from Megamax to cloth and was thinking about checking these out. I need something that can absorb 30 - 70 oz as my usage overnight can vary. How well do you think that these would hold up?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:43 am 

KechoDrips wrote:
@sociologygeek

Have you tried the Incontrol fitted diaper overnight? I am thinking about switching from Megamax to cloth and was thinking about checking these out. I need something that can absorb 30 - 70 oz as my usage overnight can vary. How well do you think that these would hold up?

Hi there! Well, it depends on how big the voids are. My void sizes are all over the map, ranging from a trickle to all out flood to tsunami. I recently measured the output typical in a morning flood and it turned out to be 500 oz all at once. That is not a typical incontinence pattern and thus most adult products are simply not designed for that. Rather they are designed fie for multiple smaller wetting. If that is the case for you overnight I'd say give them a shot. Whether they absorb more than MegaMax is up for debate. If you are interested in cloth overnight I highly recommend looking into Ecoable's line of cloth diapers. They have snaps instead of velcro which don't scratch the skin and don't get the closures clogged with dryer debris like velcro.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:46 am 

KechoDrips wrote:
@sociologygeek

I don't have nighttime incontinence, my issues are strictly daytime (go figure) so I'm not the one to ask.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:43 am 

KechoDrips wrote:
@sociologygeek

KechoDrips: Here is “a” recommendation: Double up on the cloth diapers; in otherwords, use two!

I use an inner diaper https://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/products/711 (but it is not pinned on); then I wrap an outter diaper that has a hook-loop closing system. https://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/products/605. Then I secure the sides up; inner cloth held together by outter cloth. Plastic pant up. And viola, a good night time system. (btw: the outter shell is one size larger than the inner so it can close properly).

I will say it is bulky, but we are talking night time; so who cares!

P.S. The owner of Dependeco is a great lady: Monika. She can work with you to do custom sizing and make a prototype before you plunk down a huge amount and then the order doesn’t work for you.