www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:24 pm 

So, right now I'm wearing a sample I purchased from LL Medico. It's Better Dry Day, a tiered down version of Better Dry. I'm doing this because there are times where I don't need the full on protection of the full fleged better dry but still could use some extended wear protection, or just something to wear when I don't feel like wearing a cheaper medicaid disposable or my cloth diapers. First impressions are as follows.. Def thinner than regular better dry. Comfortable back sheet, as cofmortable as the origional (Yay) In my opinon, probably one of the more comfortable backsheets of premium diapers I have worn, and I have worn a lot. It's not stiff like Confidry or rough. It feels like im wearing a cloud, quite honestly. Comfort is important. Fit is good, sizing specifications match and i got a good seal at my legs. Padding coverage for the front is adequate, this is something I look for in every absorbent product, because as a man, I know my shall we say exit point can shift and vary, and the last thing I want is to be pointed in a direction where there is little to no paddding and have a leak when an episode occurs. With the sample I have on, I will test absorbency and how my impressions are for that. For sample number 2, I will save it and compare fit and feel to the regular better dry I have on the way to me. Even though I ordered both the case and the sample at the same time, they are arriving separately.

As for LL Medico..I am now a believer. I have registered an account. XP Medical and Northshore are still both excellent retailers for premium products, but they don't have the same perks or selection that LL Medico does. Competiton is healthy for our economy. LL Medico has a cashback rewards program, not to mention a 10% percent discount on every order (Limit 1 per day) For military, teachers, First responders, and the disadvantaged( low income and disabled). I already registered as a Veteran military dependent (My dad served in the US navy and I'm on his Tricare, so technically I count, even though I am 39). All they needed to know his branch, date he retired, and his birth date. After that, all they needed was my insurance card from USAA.. and was assured that all documents would be destroyed once submitted and verified. Hey, not bad! So, all you vets who want discounted QUALITY products, check out LL Medico. I will report back once I have submitted my application for Disadvantaged.

I will report back once I have tested Better Dry day for absorbency. Until then, stay tuned...

Peace out!!!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:24 pm 

That look interesting. While I can't get them here in Canada yet, it appears that the front has more coverage than the NS Supreme Lites, while costing less (based upon US pricing). The cost savings is what interests me most since I have no real complaints about the Supreme Lites.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 pm 

How on earth are you still on his tricare?!?! Both my parents were active duty for 20+ years and I enjoyed the heck out of being on their insurance, but at 25 I was no longer able to be a dependent and had to get my own insurance which doesn’t hold a candle to the perks of tricare.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 am 

Tarlton wrote:
How on earth are you still on his tricare?!?! Both my parents were active duty for 20+ years and I enjoyed the heck out of being on their insurance, but at 25 I was no longer able to be a dependent and had to get my own insurance which doesn’t hold a candle to the perks of tricare.

It's because I happen to have a disability that impedes my ability to hold a job to some extent, and my parents at the time were still subsidizing my costs, and still are. I live with them and pay them rent. Don't think for a minute that anyone can be a dependent for life on their parent's tricare, It has specific stipulations. We had to go through an intensive rigamarole to get it done.
I forget the exact term used, but my doctor had to write a letter to the Tricare powers that be that I was disabled and dependent upon my parents.

Hope this clarifies things, I am no mooch! I'd work 40 hours and have my own insurance if I could afford it. Right now Medicare and medicaid health link are my primary, and tricare is my teritiary.

Peace out!
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:55 am 

I see.

I was a little green with envy lol. No, you are such a hard worker and have posted for years about ways you’ve volunteered, served others and done your various jobs so I never considered you weren’t able to work 40 hours.

God bless you that you do the best you can and always reach higher to help others. Please don’t think my question was an accusation on the quality of your character or your work ethic. We all know you and respect you, Rob.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:52 pm 

Betterdry is my go-to diaper. I wear it every day. And ll medico is my current supplier because I can get them in xl. I haven't heard of the disadvantage program. I don't know if I can do it because I have someone else who orders for me and bills my insurance. Definitely worth looking into. Thanks for the tip rob!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:50 pm 

justej wrote:
Betterdry is my go-to diaper. I wear it every day. And ll medico is my current supplier because I can get them in xl. I haven't heard of the disadvantage program. I don't know if I can do it because I have someone else who orders for me and bills my insurance. Definitely worth looking into. Thanks for the tip rob!

Justej, I thuought the only thing that worked for you without leaking was MegaMax, did that change? or is that out of date info?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm 

Too expensive. Once I got the right size and tapes right I haven't had a leak. If I'm more active or if I'm going to be out for a long time in my chair I'll wear a diaper form bambino. It can handle 3 voids!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm 

Also I started leaking with the megamax. It was short lived.