www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 10:03 pm 

So I do physical therapy twice a week and they run me pretty hard. I do either the bike or treadmill, squats, balance exercises with my Prosthetic, upper body stuff etc. I have been wearing a betterdry and pul pants which work well but the sweating is horrible. I have to wear a mask while I'm there cause it's in a hospital and today I went through two masks. I had an accident during my workout (I have to stay hydrated) and when I was done just felt so gross.
Does anyone have any tips for working out? I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse this summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:56 am 

It certainly sounds like they work you hard during your PT. In warm weather, some prefer to use breathable diapers during workouts but they pose obvious problems for those of us with bowel incontinence and also stretch a lot. Many have observed that they pee much less during stenuous workouts because they sweat so much. However, bowl accidents are difficult to predict.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 12:42 pm 

Hi Justej

Incontinence swimming shorts are great for containing bowel movements as they have a waterproof lining also good for urine too. I use a fabric backed diaper as this does breath, sweat is horrible though but exercise is far more important as soon as I finish in the shower clean myself up and revert to my normal diaper!

All the best with your physical therapist!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:12 pm 

Thanks John and geenbank.

I have a hard time getting a breathable diaper not to leak on me without sweat so I can't imagine one being wet with both urine and sweat.

I have yet to find a swim short in my size. I've seen close but I can't spend $100 to have it not fit.

I guess I'll just stick with betterdry and change when I'm done. Its just so gross. And I do have bowel issues that I have to be careful with. I've had bowel accidents at pt. My pt knows of my incontinence and is super cool about it.