www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 am 

Well, it happened. I was wearing a northshore supreme that peeked above my shorts, and my shirt happeend to ride up.. was with my nephew, and this is a situation that could have been avoided.. I coulda worn a brief with a more trim cut and been fine, coulda worn a bodystocking, coulda worn a longer shirt... He said and I quote "You have a diaper on?" :shock: :oops: I can hear it crinkling :shock: :oops: Oh i see its a grownup diaper :shock: :oops: " My response? I said absolutely nothing. He dropped it.. and given the fact he is 6, I doubt he will say anything. What do y'all think? Should I say anything? If i don't he might tell a random stranger.. "My Uncle Rob wears diapers." Im not sure what to do. I didn't respond because I didn't know how to. What is an age approriate explanation as to why Uncle Rob is wearing something meant for babies in his mind??

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:53 pm 
Admin

Nothing. I wouldn’t respond. Let it go. My guess is he won’t tell anyone. He’ll move on to the next random thought that captures his attention.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:50 am 

Agreed. Forget it and move on. Kids don't focus on these things.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:52 am 

If, on the outside chance he does remember it and brings it up to you years from now, you can treat it as a teaching moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:00 pm 

Isn't it rather odd that a 6-year-old would notice? Well I think it is odd. What this tells me is that perhaps, just maybe, SOMEONE else the 6-year-knows or lives around is wearing absorbent protection. Personally I care less as to my own situation. Acceptance does not mean approval. So? Accept it and move on IF you are able. I hope you are able to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 am 

Tewi wrote:
Isn't it rather odd that a 6-year-old would notice? Well I think it is odd. What this tells me is that perhaps, just maybe, SOMEONE else the 6-year-knows or lives around is wearing absorbent protection. Personally I care less as to my own situation. Acceptance does not mean approval. So? Accept it and move on IF you are able. I hope you are able to do so.

Long ago I accepted this as part of life and my new normal. :)

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II