www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:41 pm 

To people who use plastic pants (hence my posting it here), how much bigger do you go than your 'normal' size to make sure it comfortably covers all the cloth? I use plastic or rubber pants over a towel over a disposable at night, and I've generally found that "my size" doesn't hold it all in; a Kins large rubber pant holds in a wrapper/insert diaper, but won't cover it if I use prefolds or a disposable and a towel. I've started using their XXL size because that covers it all and still isn't *too* big.

I've recently ordered a Gary Euroflex brief from the US (took ages to arrive, but the Kins pants went out of stock at the UK reseller) and I've noticed it's a bit smaller in the 'rise' than the Kins pants, but I ordered the 30-56in (2XL) size when my waist size is about 38in. It covers it all, just about, but I find that the top tends to shrink down and ends up only just covering the towelling. Would I be better with the next size up?

I notice also that they do a snap-on version; has anyone used those? Was considering buying one more pull-on and one of those, but I've not had as good results from the Kins snap-ons as their pull-ons.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:02 am 

I have a 42 inch waist and use a 3xl Leakmaster PUL pant. The Leakmasters are really great in that they are the exact same high quality PUL as Gary Wear but they have a significantly higher rise that provides great overall coverage, especially in the rear. I buy them online at Adult Cloth Diaper Company.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:57 am 

One problem with going up one size larger than your normal size is that the leg and waist elastics may not be snug enough. Rather than going up a size, it may be better to find a style with a higher rise or designed to cover bulky night or cloth diapers.

As sizes are not well standardized between different manufacturers, I find that considerable experimentation is necessary to find what will fit best.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:05 pm 

I look for loose-fitting pants that easily cover the diaper. Cover pants are not there to hold diapers in place. After that the elastics should fit comfortably around the legs and waist. I have a 40 inch waist and double diaper at night with a soaker. Pants I use are 4X made with PEVA material. They look large over diapers and balloon a little but fit well around legs and waist. Can't remember the last time I had a leak. We all are shaped a little differently. Good luck finding something that works for you.