www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:26 pm 

$69 for 1, in my size.
May be an idea for when get my own place.

Hello, my name is Scott, and physically, I am 46 years old. However, thanks to abuse, and being special needs, mentally and emotionally, I am equal to about 6-10 years old. I'm autistic, deal with double incontinence, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:50 pm 

I decided to give Protect Briefs a try. I'm a side sleeper and use cloth at night. Traveling and using cloth is a problem, so I'm stuck with disposables and risking leaks. Last few nights tried premium disposable with the brief. Disposable had predicable side leak but caught most. Brief easily caught the leak and seems to have capacity to have absorbed much more. I don't intend to need the extra night time protection with cloth, but when traveling and stuck with disposables I'll use them.
They are a very well made quality product.
Company ships quickly and was responsive to questions.
Thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:46 pm 

Steve M:
Wouldn't using the Protec Briefs during travel be a problem if you did have a leak outside of your diaper? I can see how the brief would contain the leak, but now what do you do with a somewhat soaked/damp Protec Brief while on travel? I would think you would have to always have access to laundry facilities to make this a viable solution and in my experience that's not always easy to find.

When I travel I use one or two thin cotton cloth folded into 12 layers inside my diaper. They do a great job of quickly absorbing a large amount of urine and then slowly transferring it to the main diaper. This has virtually eliminated leaks for me even though I'm a side sleeper. In the morning I simply rinse out the cotton cloths in the sink and hang to dry. Another option is to simply put the cloths into a plastic bag and throw them away. I use the WalMart Flour Sack Towels (10 for $8) so cost isn't really an issue if I do end up throwing a few away while on a trip.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:36 pm 

The briefs would be a lot easier to had wash and hang dry than a couple of prefolds.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 am 

I did get one of these from this UK supplier to trial as a second layer for night and/or potential replacement for the pull ups. The site is AB but the owner is also incontinent hereself.
(Fleece style material so a bit hot for me during the day - even more with plastics on top - but stranger things have happened).

https://www.thedottydiapercompany.co.uk ... h-diapers/