www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hybrid
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:09 am 

Has anyone tried this?

Typically I use betterdry diapers as my default diaper, but due to my surges, I only get maybe 3-4 voids before leaks. I read that using a cheesecloth can help spread the liquid more evenly in the diaper and that worked, but I wanted to try something further.

From my experiments with cloth diapering I have a number of cloth baby diapers and so I placed one as an insert in my betterdry. Unlike disposable boosters, this radically improved the capacity and wicking of the diaper. When I added the cheesecloth, this made it even better.

Obviously, the bulk of the diaper is drastically increased, but under baggy clothing I felt it was hidable.

At night, I cut one of my Adult Cloth Diaper nightweght dipers in half and placed it in between the leak guards of the better dry. The wicking and containment was excellent. The bonus is that because it is contained in a better dry, the odor was not as noticeable, which is a big deal to me as I don’t want to stink next to my wife. I have noticed I will smell very ripe in only cloth diapers midway through the night.

My question is whether this is silly, and I should just be wearing full cloth instead of this hybrid, especially at night? During the day, I feel much more secured with this baby diaper insert with cheesecloth setup and there is no odor and not a lot of extra bulk. I use a bodystocking to hold up the weight.

Thoughts or advice?

Post subject: Re: Hybrid
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am 

I have been doing this for several years (especially at night) and am a huge advocate of adding a cloth "booster" to a disposable diaper. I use WalMart Flour Sack cloths (5 for $5) and when folded to fit between the leak guards they work perfectly as you describe. I've found that they also help to keep a disposable from clumping up so easily. These also work great on a trip as they can easily be rinsed out in the sink and hung to dry, which they do quickly since they are only one layer. Of course they can be simply wrapped up, bagged, and thrown away when hanging to dry isn't an option. You wouldn't want to do this on a daily basis but they are cheap enough to do when on a trip.

Post subject: Re: Hybrid
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:34 am 

It was actually you who gave me the idea to do it in the first place and I incorrectly called them cheese cloth. It is the cloths you describe that I use