www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: rearz
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 pm 

Rearz ships UPS International. Shipping rates aren't to bad if you plan your order to be fairly large.
Their "day weight" cloth diapers (Jumbo size) are a couple of inches larger than ADC's 44x44. Although they are single layer fabric they seem to have comparable capacity. The night weight prefolds are a little larger than ACD Leakmaster ones, and have similar capacity.

The one item Rearz doesn't carry is PUL pants. ADC has the best I have found for cloth diapers. I find that the taped leg openings are much more comfortable than plain elastic ones, and they haven't leaked badly when I really flooded my diaper, quite unexpectedly. But read the size charts carefully. Both large and x-large will fit me; the x-large is better over prefolds, but needlessly large for even "night weight" flats.
I have completely switched from vinyl to PUL. The latter are much studier, easy to wash and the breathability makes them cooler (less sweat retention) in hot weather.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:03 am 

Rearz is a bit on the pricy side so that's a pass for me.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm 

I'm still buying cloth diapers from CTDC. They have the best prices I've found, and the twill prefolds wear and absorb as well or better than any other cloth prefold I've tried. Like Rearz they do have products that cater to the "other group." Even Northshore has moved a bit in that direction. :?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:02 pm 

Steve M. wrote:
Like Rearz they do have products that cater to the "other group." Even Northshore has moved a bit in that direction. :?

Yeah, this is an old post but I have been branching out with my vendors since I've been collecting more cloth solutions.

Not meaning to insult anyone at ALL, but I felt really cringey browsing Rearz site. A lot has probably changed since this was first posted but it looks to be almost exclusively aimed at the subculture stuff. I'm not being judgmental. The more I explore, the more I'm faced with facts that these are our choices with shopping for adult incontinence.

For comparison I have ordered items from Babykins. They offer products to "that crowd" obviously but they have almost everything without the obnoxious prints, and don't specifically brand their products as "ABDL supplies ". That make it slightly less weird for me as I get used to all of this. Further, I think they have reasonable prices and their stuff does seem to be pretty good quality.

I'll stop hijacking this old post now. Again, no offense intended. Just getting that off my chest.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 am 

Agreed…. Each to their own I guess. That company does sell the very best large diaper pins though. They are very strong, sharp, and I no longer worry about the pins unfastening during the night and ruining plastic pants like ALL the others have! I use the same pins during the day as well but the plastic head has to be rolled flat under the briefer, else it will show through my clothes. I buy enough to supply me for “years” just in case they discontinue carrying them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:53 am 

I have purchased Rearz prefold twill diapers. They are very absorbent and fit well. Do not leak with a good fitting plastic panty. My only regret is they are not very soft. I have been using them for a few months. Washed them with and without fabric softener and see little difference. Don't want to use too much softener because it cuts down on absorption, it is claimed. Does anyone know of, :D or use a similar diaper that is really Soft. I have been using birdseye cloth in the past, with some being soft and some rather rough. Still looking for the exceptional soft night time diaper. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:59 pm 

I use ACD gauze next to my skin. They do need to be washed several times to become soft; however, I have not found anything that better combines softness and absorbency. Good luck.