All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rearz
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 pm 

I have switched from ACD Diapers to Rearz. They are great, and cheaper. Papa

Post subject: Re: rearz
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm 

Hi Papa
Please tell me more...
I use cloth a lot and my current supply is ACD, which have served me well for years. I use medium, overnight weight, birdseye weave exclusively. I’m about to demote four diapers soon and as you know, that’s well over $100 worth....
Please tell me how the Rearz compare in size, thickness (absorbency) of center “soaker” section,, weave, stitching, width of center section, and how the Rearz measure (width and length) compared to ACD. I have found so much variation in W and L to the point where I have to match up “pairs” for double diapering.
THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 am 

Ellyn, I used ACD Gauze diapers for fifteen years. I bought some Rearz diapers a year ago and was surprised by how comfortable they were. They are more absorbent also. The size thing is about the same . I also double diaper most nights, why ever take a chance and I am up quite early every morning and can just come down and enjoy my coffee and read the news etc. before having to change. I do prefer the ACD plastic pants though. I got the Rearz diapers just to try something different and the price was better. I think we all get bored with that "same old same old" same thing day after day thing. Who could wear the same shirt every single day and not go crazy? Of course one cloth diaper is really no different looking than another but I just decided to try something "new". It was a nice surprise to find that it also was a better diaper. Papa

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 am 

Thank you Papa

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:24 am 

Thanks Papa. RearZ has a sale on the prefolds. Nice they are twill weave. Twill wears very well and is comfortable too. I have been buying from CTDC because they did have the best pricing. The construction of the RearZ sounds identical to CTDC's. Guess I'll need to look into shipping costs. RearZ is in Canada.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 pm 

For night weight prefolds I prefer Rearz over Leakmaster (ACD) as they are very absorbent but don't take as long to dry in a dryer. The Leakmaster have center layers of terry which may have something to do with their long drying times.

I mostly use flats (must be my age) and they give the least washing and drying problems. Only on really bad days or if I need more time between changes will I use prefolds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:20 pm 

I’ve used these pIns for some time now and I find them much better than any I’ve used over the years. I agree they’re not perfect, but pretty close.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:00 am 

Don't chuckle, but for my night-time only cloth choices, I've sometimes used large beach towels or even hotel-quality bath towels.

Fluid holding capacity of these is way high, and they are bulky beyond
all reason, but totally effective for heavy night wetting.

Used with large vinyl diaper covers or bloomers. It's no fashion statement, but who's looking ?

j.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:49 am 

Like Steve, I have purchased cloth diapers from CTDC, and also from Rearz. In my opinion, they are the same diaper. The only difference I can see, is that that CTDC diapers have a blue edge. Construction is virtually the same. the Rearz is from Canada, but the dollar is worth more there. If you keep track of shipping costs, Rearz can be cheaper. These are the best, most absorbent, comfortable cloth diapers I have found. I only wear cloth diapers at night, and tape on during the day. The bulk of cloth is my reason.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:55 pm 

Ellyn wrote:
I’ve used these pIns for some time now and I find them much better than any I’ve used over the years. I agree they’re not perfect, but pretty close.

Did you ever try these? I bought a few last year hoping to use them at night and the bulk was enormous and I couldn't get any waterproof pants to fit over them. They're 4:10:4 rather than ACD's 4:8:4.