www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tab diapers slide down
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 am 

I have tried the tab type disposables and they always slide down to my thighs. I've tried several brands. Are you supposed to wear the tab type undies under regular underwear? Use suspenders? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:08 pm 

Foondoon,

Highly recommend reading the Primer. Many of your questions can be answered there. It is located at http://www.incontinentsupport.org/primer_index.php

Once a diaper becomes wet it will sag unless there is something over it help it stay in place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:49 pm 

I use compression under wear like Under Armour, onesie and both in the winter. They will hold up a full diaper.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:17 am 

Foondoon,

You have found something the diaper ads never tell you - that soggy diaper sag and need support! :(

You did not say which tabbed diaper you are wearing. Disposable tabbed diapers with a cloth-like outer shell are notorious for stretching. Diapers with all-plastic shells stretch some, but much less.

Depending on how much support you need, your primary options are spandex-type underwear, compression pants, onesies, or diaper suspenders. In warm weather sports-activity shorts with a built in mesh liner will work.

I wear either a onesie or compression pants with ConfiDry Dry 24/7 diapers with a booster and, like mlhjr, sometimes both. :D

--John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:16 am 

Hi

I was lucky enough to find this community when I started wearing diapers. I wear diaper, stretch/compression brief, terry brief and waterproof cover. In the summer I try and forget the cover and terry to make things cooler. Lycra shorts work great too to hold the diaper in place and helps keep things in one place. Always make sure you follow the hygeine guide on the primer and ensure that the stretch/compression brief go into the groin to stop the diaper rubbing.

All the best

Greenbank