www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: best cloth diaper
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:06 pm 

Jms, that is very good news and congratulations!

"Amen" to what you said about getting a good night's sleep. Often I wake up enough to realize that I am peeing but soon thereafter am back to sleep. :D I used to wake up 3 times during the night to go to the toilet and had great difficulty in falling back to sleep!

--John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:45 pm 

Jms, If your diaper was soaked when you got up you do not have enough diaper on. Double up or add a soaker. A few nights will not tell if one diaper is enough. We all have "normal" nights and some are less than normal and some are much more than normal. You want enough diaper so that you will not come close to filling it. Once you "over diaper" you will NEVER have a problem again. In the day we can judge when our diapers are in need of a change, at night we do not have that luxury and wet our diapers with no knowledge of how much we are filling them. That good night sleep is based on absolutely knowing no amount of wetting will matter. I also wake early and enjoy not having to changing my diapers while still half asleep. I come down in my night diapers and make coffee, check the news and email and have total confidence my diapers will last till I go up to shower. Just as I used to come down in my boxers and do the same thing. Bite the bullet and diaper up so you will know you are fully protected. Papa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:16 am 

While we're discussing cloth diapers for nighttime protection, I have two additional comments. First, bladder spasms (bladder cramps) disturb my sleep two or three times each night; reliable protection allows me to resume sleeping and awaken rested in the morning. Getting up each time, even if that would promise a dry bed, would soon leave me a sleep-deprived zombie.

Second, protection heavy enough to last me through the night makes pajama bottoms impossible to use. Early on I switched to nightshirts to accommodate my protection and facilitate changing for caregivers after surgical procedures.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:07 pm 

John, Are you a vet? Papa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:20 pm 

Papa,

I am proud to say that I am.

20 years in the U.S. Army with two tours in Vietnam.

--John